- Time the Market Using the Market Breadth Indicators – Introduction (0:00)
- Major Market Indexes – S&P 500, Dow Jones Industrial Average, Nasdaq 100 & S&P 600 Small Caps (1:12)
- US Treasuries & Commodities – 7-10 Year US Treasuries, Gold, Crude Oil & Copper (2:57)
- NYSE Bullish Percent Index & Percentage of Stocks Above Their 200, 150 & 50 Day Moving Averages Charts (4:59)
- NYSE Advance Decline Line Charts (7:12)
- US New Highs - New Lows Charts & Momentum Index (9:05)
- Cumulative Point & Figure Breakouts - Breakdowns (10:04)
- Sector Breadth: Percentage of Stocks Above Their 150 Day Moving Average – Relative Strength Table (10:58)
- Sector Breadth: Percentage of Stocks Above Their 150 Day Moving Average – Line Chart and Overview Diagram (12:36)
Each week I take a look at the major US stock market indexes and market breadth indicators.
A regular look beneath the surface of the US stock market, featuring the key market breadth charts for timing trading stocks and the stock market indexes, such as the NYSE Bullish Percent Index, the Advance Decline Line, the New Highs - New Lows etc and some custom breadth indicators of my own in order to determine what the "Weight of Evidence" is suggesting in terms of the US stock market direction and how to allocate your money.
This is done using the market breadth indicators that were highlighted in Chapter 8 of Stan Weinstein's Secrets For Profiting in Bull and Bear Markets Book – which was called: Using the Best Long Term Indicators to Spot Bull and Bear Markets.
This week the market is in pullback mode, with the major US indexes pulling back to the key short term moving averages. The US Treasuries and Gold are making new Stage 2 continuation breakouts, and Crude Oil and Copper are dropping sharply towards the bottom of their Stage 1 ranges. So there's potential for a Stage 4 breakdown attempt in Crude Oil and Copper.
There's no way of knowing how far the stock pullback will be, as short term traders will jump on the increased volatility. But the market breadth indicators will give us a heads up when it starts to turn around again. Until I get some new signals I'll be very cautious personally.