Has the Bear Market Bounce Run Out of Momentum? Market Roundup Plus Focus on Gold Miners and Bitcoin
0:00 Timing the US Stock Market Using the Market Breadth Indicators – Introduction
1:05 Major Market Indexes – S&P 500, Nasdaq 100, Dow Jones Industrial Average & S&P 600 Small Caps
4:27 US Treasuries & Commodities – 7-10 Year US Treasuries, Gold, Crude Oil & Copper
6:35 Sector Breadth: Percentage of Stocks Above Their 150 Day Moving Average – Overview Diagram
7:56 Sector Breadth: Percentage of Stocks Above Their 150 Day Moving Average – Relative Strength Table
8:49 NYSE Bullish Percent Index & Percentage of Stocks Above Their 200, 150 & 50 Day Moving Averages Charts
10:34 NYSE Advance Decline Line Charts
12:41 US New Highs - New Lows Charts & Momentum Index
13:24 Gold Miners Watchlist – $NEM, $GOLD, $FNV, $AUY, $RGLD, $AU, $AEM, $SAND
15:24 Bitcoin: in focus – a look at the monthly, weekly, daily and intraday charts as Bitcoin recovers to Stage 1
The major US stock market indexes are once again at a potential turning point, with multiple failed breakout attempts over the last week in individual stocks and the market indexes themselves, which caused them to close slightly down on the week. But with a large wick on the upper part of the candle which is often bearish. But needs confirmation still.
Multiple market breadth indicators remains on short term positive signals, but the majority of medium and long term signals have failed to materialise during the recent rally, and so the Weight of Evidence remains tilted to the bearish side still i.e. the major trend is still down for the time being, as we remain in Stage 4 in the overall market even with the recent bounce (Nasdaq 100 is the exception to this). Although, that could quickly change if the bears don't manage to push the market down from here, as many of those medium term breadth measures are getting closer to potential signal changes.
My focus in the coming weeks is going to be on the Gold Miners, as I think that they are an area of the market that could continue to show outperformance – whatever the direction of the broad market. Although they could be hit with some selling pressure too if the market does sell off. So I will need to stay nimble, and consider risk first before any trades.
Weekend update of the major US stock market indexes and indicators. A weekly look beneath the surface of the US stock market, featuring the key market breadth charts for timing trading stocks and the stock market indexes, such as the NYSE Bullish Percent Index, the Advance Decline Line, the New Highs - New Lows etc and some custom breadth indicators of my own in order to determine what the "Weight of Evidence" is suggesting in terms of the US stock market direction and how to allocate your money.
A regular look beneath the surface of the US stock market, featuring the key market breadth indicator charts for timing trading stocks and the stock market indexes, such as the NYSE Bullish Percent Index, the Advance Decline Line, the New Highs - New Lows etc and some custom breadth indicators of my own in order to determine what the "Weight of Evidence" is suggesting in terms of the US stock market direction and how to allocate your money.
This is done using the market breadth indicators that were highlighted in Chapter 8 of Stan Weinstein's Secrets For Profiting in Bull and Bear Markets Book – which was called: Using the Best Long Term Indicators to Spot Bull and Bear Markets.
Subscribe to the Channel
Subscribe to the Stage Analysis Youtube Channel to get the latest stock trading videos when they are released: https://www.youtube.com/c/StageAnalysis
Follow us on Social Media:
Books to help you learn how to trade stocks*
- Stan Weinstein's Secrets for Profit in Bull and Bear Markets: https://amzn.to/2RpDdPZ
- Trade Like a Stock Market Wizard: How to Achieve Super Performance in Stocks in Any Market: https://amzn.to/2NUXA5p
- How to Make Money in Stocks: A Winning System In Good Times And Bad, Fourth Edition: https://amzn.to/2NYAE5D
- Think & Trade Like a Champion: The Secrets, Rules & Blunt Truths of a Stock Market Wizard: https://amzn.to/37qBSyd
- Momentum Masters: A Roundtable Interview with Super Traders: https://amzn.to/37uzCWs
- Insider Buy Superstocks: https://amzn.to/2RHyVCs
- Point and Figure Charting: The Essential Application for Forecasting and Tracking Market Prices (Wiley Trading): https://amzn.to/2RLPtta
- Come Into My Trading Room: A Complete Guide to Trading (Wiley Trading): https://amzn.to/2tFM1bK
- The New Trading for a Living: Psychology, Discipline, Trading Tools and Systems, Risk Control, Trade Management (Wiley Trading): https://amzn.to/37uAhXW
- Entries and Exits: Visits to Sixteen Trading Rooms: Visits to 16 Trading Rooms (Wiley Trading): https://amzn.to/38JYkCJ
Disclaimer: All stock charts and ideas presented are for educational purposes only. Always do your own research before making any trades.
#stocks #trading #money #nyse #nasdaq #technicalanalysis #stock #stockbreakouts #stocksandshares #investing
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Disclaimer: For educational purpose only. Not investment advice. Seek professional advice from a financial advisor before making any investing decisions.