Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 556

RE: US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts

(2023-03-16, 09:39 PM)pcabc Wrote: AMD worth a look, technically it broke out above above 88 yesterday.  But a strong move nearly 8% at the moment.  Full disclosure, I'm already in AMD.

Hmm.  MSFT up 4%.  Interesting.

A couple of gold miners

Some miners have broken out, but here are a few more.  Very strong volume spikes on both.

DPM.TO

OR.TO

First time post here so hopefully I'm doing this right.

I've been following DKNG for some time looking for a time to get in and am seeing a potential Stage 2 breakout for them. I'd be curious if others agree or not. It didn't break out of the base on high volume, but it did appear to break out of the 30wk sma with higher than average volume.

(2023-05-05, 07:47 PM)Justin Wrote: I've been following DKNG for some time looking for a time to get in and am seeing a potential Stage 2 breakout for them. I'd be curious if others agree or not. It didn't break out of the base on high volume, but it did appear to break out of the 30wk sma with higher than average volume.

I have the initial Stage 2 breakout point a bit earlier back on February 17th, when it gapped up through multiple lower pivots on earnings results. As sometimes the Stage 2 breakout point occurs still within a "broader" base structure before all of the resistance levels have been overcome, as the distance above the 200 day MA is also a consideration. So we look for levels of significance that have been tested multiple times. Which in this case the 17-18 range was resistance three times before it cleared it on earnings results, and the price at that point was over 40% above the 200 day MA, and hence it would be considered an early Stage 2 attempt into a resistance zone, which then backed up to the 17-18 zone and held before moving higher, and is now clearing the top of the full structure, and hence is in a clear Stage 2 now.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
(This post was last modified: 2023-05-06, 08:07 PM by Justin.)

(2023-05-05, 10:23 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2023-05-05, 07:47 PM)Justin Wrote: I've been following DKNG for some time looking for a time to get in and am seeing a potential Stage 2 breakout for them. I'd be curious if others agree or not. It didn't break out of the base on high volume, but it did appear to break out of the 30wk sma with higher than average volume.

I have the initial Stage 2 breakout point a bit earlier back on February 17th, when it gapped up through multiple lower pivots on earnings results. As sometimes the Stage 2 breakout point occurs still within a "broader" base structure before all of the resistance levels have been overcome, as the distance above the 200 day MA is also a consideration. So we look for levels of significance that have been tested multiple times. Which in this case the 17-18 range was resistance three times before it cleared it on earnings results, and the price at that point was over 40% above the 200 day MA, and hence it would be considered an early Stage 2 attempt into a resistance zone, which then backed up to the 17-18 zone and held before moving higher, and is now clearing the top of the full structure, and hence is in a clear Stage 2 now.

Thank you for the explanation. I have a lot of learning to do!

is SNAP coming out of a base?

my fave from the most recent watchlist is CLSK @ 5.30

(2023-07-07, 04:13 PM)shaunattwood Wrote: my fave from the most recent watchlist is CLSK @ 5.30

It's part of the Crypto stocks group theme, which is this years leading group so far, even stronger than AI stocks have been. i.e:

MARA, BTBT, CIFR, CRPT, IREN, HUT, RIOT, WULF, HIVE, BITF, COIN, BTF, CLSK, MSTR, GLXY.TO, CAN, ARBK, MOGO, BITO, BLOK, ETHE, GBTC

Most still fairly early in Stage 2 advances

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.