Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 555

RE: US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts

Hi,
What do you think about ADT (Adriatic Metals)? Looks like a stage 2A is starting.
(I can't upload the chart because I am travelling and I don't have my laptop, sorry Sad )
According to a Spanish mining analyst that I follow, it has very good fundamentals Smile

Thanks Wink

(2022-10-27, 02:13 PM)Mashed Wrote: What do you think about ADT (Adriatic Metals)? Looks like a stage 2A is starting.
(I can't upload the chart because I am travelling and I don't have my laptop, sorry Sad )
According to a Spanish mining analyst that I follow, it has very good fundamentals Smile

Potentially early Stage 2A. However, it's very thin and the spread is quite large (-2.8% at the moment). i.e. you start the trade immediately at -2.8% minus trading costs. So probably at -3% as soon as you enter. Hence not suitable for short-term swing trading as it is not liquid enough. So longer term investor positions only that have much wider stop positions in stocks like these. But generally it's better to avoid stocks with large spreads altogether. 

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Hi Isa,
Thanks for the reply. How do you know the spread? Is similar in all the brokers?
Thank you Smile

(2022-10-28, 09:32 AM)Mashed Wrote: Thanks for the reply. How do you know the spread? Is similar in all the brokers?

You can show the Bid / Ask prices in most charting platforms, and then you can work it out from that.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
(This post was last modified: 2022-11-01, 08:16 AM by pcabc.)

Global partners

With breath so poor I'm not running stock scans too often. However, just did this one on the US energy sector and an interesting one came up:

Note that the green level plotted is likely from a long time ago, this is why it is not alligned with current levels.

A number of interesting breakouts

I'm seeing more breakouts.  But on its own that's not an indication, as how often I run my screener depends on how strong the breadth looks and also how busy I am with other stuff.  I've not only plotted 6 month and 2 year charts, I've also added 5 year ones as it is useful for some stocks.   On with the charts:

ABG:
You could not get into this one safely unless you bought on a pullback.  Look at the volume, its massive.  Its at least 4x the weekly volume or the preceeding week.  The volume for the breakout week is also 3x higher than preceeding weeks.

CRUS:
I'm not sure that the pattern is ideal, nor is there a good low risk entry point given the rapid run up before the breakout at 90. Probally a better one for traders.  Again a strong volume spike.

ENVA:
Breaking out from a nearly two year continuation with a, kind of, double bottom.  Another strong volume spike.

More

FSBW:
Again, not your ideal chart shape, and support at around 32.5 is a long way away from the current price.

SCPH:
Perhaps not the nices shape chart for a breakout, but look at the volume.

(This post was last modified: 2023-03-16, 09:40 PM by pcabc.)

AMD worth a look, technically it broke out above above 88 yesterday. But a strong move nearly 8% at the moment. Full disclosure, I'm already in AMD.