Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 553

Stage Analysis Members US Watchlist Posts New Location in the Blog

The regular Stage Analysis Members watchlist posts are now moving to the front of the website in the blog.

Members: Go to: https://www.stageanalysis.net/members/dashboard and login to view.

If you aren't a paying subscriber and would like to see the regular watchlist posts and other members content such as the twice weekly members videos and more, then go to https://www.stageanalysis.net/members to find out more.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

RE: US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts

ACHC & FPI

Some recent breakouts:
ACHC:

FPI:

I may put an order in for one of these.  That does not mean you should.

Some breakouts, Energy and Gold Miners

ARCH:
Continuation period maybe a little short?

GOGL:
General increase in volume over the last 18 months.  However, makes it hard to see a breakout volume spike.

HNRG:
Cup and handle?  Massive breakout volume spike.  However, this stock looks prone to volum spikes.

SA:
Not sure I like the pattern on a longer term, may need to be careful what is classed as support / stop loss point?  Also could pick 20 as a breakout point as well.

SEA:
Basically same comment as SA.

WDO:
COntinuation period a little short.  Has not broken out yet.

US Utilities stocks

I noted a few relatively notable moves upward https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Thre...1#pid19371.

I'm posting them here as it follows up that earlier post.  However, none really grab me with the chart pattern or volume.

ATNI:
Breakout above 42.  THe volume spike was on a drop down below the breakout level, a hammer.  But the MA is still descending, so this really is in early stage 1 rather than the start of stage 2.  RS has crossed the zero line.  Maybe one to watch?

ATO:
Largish price increase but volume pattern does not look good:

EPD:
Breakout above 27 after an an earlier breakout.  But the volume is not there:

LNT:
Just showing the price spike with a bit of volume.  So its moving up after a pullback.  No obvious Stage Analysis entry:

ORAN:
Thought this was telecoms, I think it may be in this group by error, however, a continuation, but volume poor.

Summary:
I thought I'd post there as there was a theme of a larger than normal price increase across a number of stocks.  It is notable however that none have particularly attractive volume.

A few energy breakouts

A number of US Energy stock breaking out past highs of the last few months.  However, nothing significant on the volume, even the best volume is very limited at best.

CLR:

ERF:

FANG:
Fang is not a FANG stock then?

OAS:
Appears to be corrupt data on the 2Yr plot.  Maybe a reverse split was missed?  Almost a but  of a volume spike.

PSCE:
ETF.

RRC:
Not really long enough of a pause to be a continuation, so perhaps a later stage 2 pullback?  Slight increase in volume.

SLB:
Duration works better as a continuation.  No build up in volume over normal volume spikes.

SM:
Continuation after 3M, bit no significant volume spike.

VNOM:
Hmm, a snake theme...  Just dripped back for about 6 weeks.  No significant volume, or even a dip?

Gold miners tend to be at a bottom.  Notable moves attempting to break out of that bottom going on for WDO.TO, SEA.TO and RGLD.

Hi!

How do you see YPF? 

[Image: H53U6rHv]
For me looks very interesting, maybe a little bit late.

(2022-09-06, 04:44 PM)Mashed Wrote: Hi!

How do you see YPF? 

For me looks very interesting, maybe a little bit late.

Early Stage 2. So the next point in the method would be on the backup to the Stage 2 breakout level, or during the next consolidation base and continuation breakout

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.