Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 475

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis

(2022-10-12, 10:04 AM)isatrader Wrote:
(2022-10-12, 03:32 AM)mkoza Wrote: Is the % of stocks above the 150dma per sector a custom thing you wrote, or something standard in stockcharts?

https://www.stageanalysis.net/blog/51948...g-averages

It's made up from custom scans for each sector that I run and then put the data in a spreadsheet and chart from that. So you can do for yourself, but it is a manual task.

Thank you

General breadth, S&P500 versus Russell3000:

I am around, but have some other matters to attend to.  So a quick post. Looking a the price [1] we have a low that, although lower than the previous, would not touch the falling trend line (if I had drawn it).  Is this strengthening.  Unclear as it could always make a lower low.  So still rather bearish.

S&P500 v Russell 3000

A bit more discussion compared to my previous post.

Looking at the index 'price' [1] the black and blue lines, the most recent low is only slightly lower than the previous one.  A long way from the black trend line.  This makes me feel like things could be strengthening.  But the red trendline needs to be broken, and even if that happens on the next high, and there is no reason why it should, then that will be in a few weeks time, if any.  The black trend line may still be valid, that would be a massive drop in the index.

Generally we are two weeks into a rally from the bottom, so indicators are generally doing positive things.  The Weinstein Momentum [5] and 1% A/D [6] look like they will near/test the zero line shortly.  THe % stocks above 20, 50 and 200 day EMAs are all moving up [11-13] as is the Silver Cross Index [14].  Note however that we were in a similar position several months back before the most recent high and things have dropped back from their to a new low.  So no guarantees.

This could be signs of a start of Stage 1 in the index, but it may well not be and continue down in Stage 4.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Gold v gold miners

Gold itself seems to be in Stage 4 and appears to be looking to make a short term continuation down [1].  For the other indicators there is some positive movement in the % stocks above their 20, 50 and 200 day EMAs [11-13] and the Silver Cross Index [14].  However, I'm not convinced this is a sign of anything useful happening.  If I screen for gold miners nothing very interesting shows.

Oil & Gas Producers

This just seems to be going sideways.  Suspect we will see nothing of interest unless the trendline I've drawn in is broken.

Bitcoin v basket of crypto currencies

Bitcoin seems to have reduced volatility and the range seems to be tightening 19000-20500 ish [1].  But will it break out above or breakdown below? % stocks above the 20 and 50 day EMAs has spiked but I don't think there are any solid clues as to what will happen next.

S&P500 v Russell 3000

The index [1] is pulling back from not quite touching the 150 day SMA.  Very short, short and medium term breadth has been good, but not unexpected as there has been a three weak rally.  This rally may have broken, so expect this breadth to deteriorate.  It will be interesting to see where the next low lies?

Stage Analysis Members Video Part 1 – 6 November 2022 (59mins)

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.