Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 476

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis

Hi David,
In your latest market breadth video you mention that a low risk strategy to get market exposure would be through industry/group ETFs. Makes a lot of sense. However, I'm a bit struggling which ETFs would be representative / get close to the $DJXXX groups from stockcharts.
Do you have any recommended list?
Any other suggestions to get to an ETF overview?

(2022-11-06, 09:30 PM)ferran Wrote: Hi David,
In your latest market breadth video you mention that a low risk strategy to get market exposure would be through industry/group ETFs. Makes a lot of sense. However, I'm a bit struggling which ETFs would be representative / get close to the $DJXXX groups from stockcharts.
Do you have any recommended list?
Any other suggestions to get to an ETF overview?

It is a bit hit and miss with the ETFs, as some track really well, whereas others don't or don't exist. So sometimes you have to make your own proxy of the group, which can be done via the partial positions in 3 to 5 of the leading stocks in the group. Or even just trade the via the market index etfs like the Nasdaq 100 or S&P 500 until setups are ready, and then you can trim the ETF exposure to buy individual stocks gradually.

ETF DB can be a good starting point to find the ETFs. etfdb.com

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Thanks for the suggestions. Useful website you shared also Smile

UK smalll & mid cap indicies entering stage 1?

I thought this interesting.  Looking at the chart the FTSE TechMark index is definitely in Stage 1.  The FTSE AIM 100 and FTSE 250 have broken their down trends.  However, the trend remains for the FTSE 100.

AIM 100 to follow.

(2022-11-12, 12:50 PM)pcabc Wrote: AIM 100 to follow.

US Sectors
All are in Stage 4 except Energy, Industrials and Financials which are doing more interesting things.  Healthcare is borderline, hard to say if it is in Stage 1 or 3.

Energy:

Industrials:

Financials:

Healthcare:

The rest:

Gold and Silver versus their miners

There has been recent strengthening in breadth of gold and solver miners, e.g. % stocks about their 20 and 50 day EMAs [11&12 both charts].  However, without the price [1, both charts] clearly entering Stage 2 then I suspect its just the usual short term strengthening.  Silver may be close to the initial stages of Stage 2, but it is not clear yet.  Gold is weaker.  I'm not seeing much for the miners in my screener.

(This post was last modified: 2022-11-27, 06:39 PM by pcabc.)

S&P500 versus Russell 3000

For me the issue is that the S&P500 is below the trendline and the MA is still falling [1].

Gold / gold miners
A double bottom has just been put in [1] and there has been recent stenghtening of gold price. Not seeing much for the miners in my screener.

Oil & Gas producers
Price [1] still going sideways.

Crypto
Bitcoin definetly still in stage 4 [1].

UK TechMark Focus:
The one exception I can find.  Looks like the start of Stage 2.

Overall seem to few areas of interest for going long.  The FTSE TechMark Focus index seems to be the exception.