Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 477

Dow Jones Stage 2 breakout "attempt"

Stage 2 breakout "attempt" – Dow Jones E-mini Futures $YM – Stage Analysis Technical Attributes (SATA) chart. 

Weekly SATA score: 10
Daily SATA score: 8

Get the indicator: https://tradingview.com/script/o8cHtWrP-...eanalysis/

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis

S&P500 v Russell 3000

'Price' [1] just bounced off resistance, black trend line.  The earlier downward trend line was not met by the most recent low, but we have not had a higher low.  So still bearish based on the value of the index.  Breadth is stronger, my long term score [B, grey] is almost crossing above the zero line.  The % stocks above their 20, 50 and 200 day EMAs [11-13] and silver and gold cross indices [14, 15] have all strengthened.  The Weinsein Momentum [5] is kissing the zero line and the 1% A/D has just crossed above it. Of course breath will climb on a rally as well as after a bottom, so care is needed.  We had a similar increase in breadth a few months back but that was just a bear market rally.

FTSE TechMARK Focus

This continues to be the exceptional stronger chart.  However, the value of the index [1] has not made a higher low though it is making higher highs.  So one to watch, but a higher low is needed.

GBP versus USD - 150 day MA is now rising

If GBP versus USD is in Stage 2 then this will impact those of us buying / holding US shares from the UK.  I would not the sharp drop Thursday, so it looks like it is not a dead cert stage 2, but the 50 day SMA is above the 150 day SMA and the 150 day SMA is rising.

(This post was last modified: 2022-12-18, 01:44 PM by pcabc.)

The S&P500 s 150 day SME is on an upward slope, and interesting sector trend lines

Could we be breaking into Stage 1 on the S&P500 and could some of the sectors be doing the same or even be near to breaking int Stage 2?

As noted in the title, the 150 day SMA [1], which looks essentially flat, actually has a slight upward slope.  Of course, nothing is stopping it dropping down again, but it is stronger than it has been since the Stage 4 started in spring of this year.  Of course, the more significant short term concern is that the index has rejected the trend-line and is dropping back.  It will be interesting to see where the low is?

US Sectors:

In general the US sectors look stronger than the S&P500.  Perhaps there is more strength in the mid caps which does not show in the S&P500, something to check?  See later on in this post.

Energy, Fiancials & Health Care  seem  to be the most interesting.

Small-cap S&P600:
Note the 2year timescale.  These small and mid cap indices seem to show more strength than the S&P500. I'm not sure it is clear on reflextion, but worth a look.

Mid-cap Dow Jones:

S&P500 versus Russell 3000

We've reached a level where there is support at 3800 for the last few weeks  [1].  The 50 day EMA has crossed above the 150 day EMA.  So is this support level of 3800 a new higher low if the cross is significant or will it break down to a new lower low?  Breadth otherwise is fairly negative.  I think 'unclear' is the only safe prediction.

US sector breadth

The stongest sectors appear to be Energy which appears to be making a Volatility Contraction Pattern [1], Financials which has made a higher high, Health Care and Industrials., the patterns are not so good in the latter two.

Interesting things with UK?

FTSE 100 reaching long term highs?  Interesting things on other UK indices:

My breadth calculations have been strengthening.  New highs minus New Lows, [3] is just peeking above zero.  1% A/D is crossing up through zero [6].  % stocks above 20, 50 and 200 day EMA are rising as is the gold cross index [15].  However, not seen much of interest in my screener.

European indicies

Some possible improvements in the European charts:

I find this interesting.  So does this mean that the bottom is in?  Unsure.