Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 474

How to setup the SATA: Stage Analysis Technical Attributes Indicator for Tradingview

New Video Post:

How to setup the SATA: Stage Analysis Technical Attributes Indicator for Tradingview

In this brief 12 minute video I explain some different setup options for the Stage Analysis Technical Attributes (SATA) Indicator, which is available to use for free on Tradingview.

View the post in the blog at: https://www.stageanalysis.net/blog/48411...radingview

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis

Hi David,
In your last mid-week video you talked about $DJUSAU and that it's heavily weighted towards $TSLA. Do you know how the weighting is done for the $DJXYZ tickers, is that mcap based?
Also, these tickers are made by StockCharts themselves and can't be found on different platforms correct?

(2022-09-17, 11:29 PM)ferran Wrote: Hi David,
In your last mid-week video you talked about $DJUSAU and that it's heavily weighted towards $TSLA. Do you know how the weighting is done for the $DJXYZ tickers, is that mcap based?
Also, these tickers are made by StockCharts themselves and can't be found on different platforms correct?

I'm not sure how the weighting it done. I think they are cap weighted. But you can find them by typing the ticker in google i.e. DJUSSC for semiconductors for example. Or the S&P Global website has some factsheets about some of them, but not all. So you can get the factsheet for the Semiconductors group at: https://www.spglobal.com/spdji/en/indice.../#overview

The tickers are made by the Dow Jones, but different platforms reference them differently. i.e. on stockcharts, google, ycharts, seekingalpha etc the format is DJUSSC, but on others it's $DSSC. So just google DJUSSC, and you'll find it on lots of sites.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2022-09-17, 11:58 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2022-09-17, 11:29 PM)ferran Wrote: Hi David,

I'm not sure how the weighting it done. I think they are cap weighted. But you can find them by typing the ticker in google i.e. DJUSSC for semiconductors for example. Or the S&P Global website has some factsheets about some of them, but not all. So you can get the factsheet for the Semiconductors group at: https://www.spglobal.com/spdji/en/indice.../#overview

The tickers are made by the Dow Jones, but different platforms reference them differently. i.e. on stockcharts, google, ycharts, seekingalpha etc the format is DJUSSC, but on others it's $DSSC. So just google DJUSSC, and you'll find it on lots of sites.

Ah great, thanks!
Your link led me to a doc, which describes the calculation; They are FMC weighted, which is 90d average cap Smile

I've been trying to find those tickers on TradingView (I use that site mostly for charting), but can't seem to find them. You've had any luck there?

(2022-09-18, 12:23 AM)ferran Wrote: Ah great, thanks!
Your link led me to a doc, which describes the calculation; They are FMC weighted, which is 90d average cap Smile

I've been trying to find those tickers on TradingView (I use that site mostly for charting), but can't seem to find them. You've had any luck there?

Tradingview doesn't have them, and neither does Trendspider, and both are poor for industry group stuff currently. Stockcharts has always been my go to for that as they do a great job of it with the industry group charts and you can show the individual stocks per groups by clicking on the group name in industry group page (see red highlight in attached). Which is free to view for non-members. Got to: https://stockcharts.com/freecharts/indus....html#&t=T

isatrader

(2022-09-18, 12:33 AM)isatrader Wrote:
(2022-09-18, 12:23 AM)ferran Wrote: Ah great, thanks!

Tradingview doesn't have them, and neither does Trendspider, and both are poor for industry group stuff currently. Stockcharts has always been my go to for that as they do a great job of it with the industry group charts and you can show the individual stocks per groups by clicking on the group name in industry group page (see red highlight in attached). Which is free to view for non-members. Got to: https://stockcharts.com/freecharts/indus....html#&t=T

Too bad TV does such a poor job on their screeners and grouping.
Yes, Stock charts is awesome for that. I recently added that to my screening process to quickly converge on the number of interesting stocks.
Thanks for sharing your knowledge ?

(2022-10-12, 03:32 AM)mkoza Wrote: Is the % of stocks above the 150dma per sector a custom thing you wrote, or something standard in stockcharts?

https://www.stageanalysis.net/blog/51948...g-averages

It's made up from custom scans for each sector that I run and then put the data in a spreadsheet and chart from that. So you can do for yourself, but it is a manual task.

isatrader