Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 146

RE: Watchlist - Traders method

Watchlist alert: Strong institutional buying on SHPG & WLB.
TRW also had a nice spike in volume (5x).

I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. - Michael Jordan

(2014-07-12, 02:35 PM)theory6453 Wrote: Watchlist alert: Strong institutional buying on SHPG & WLB.

SHPG looks quite extended in Stage 2B as would need a 33% pullback to get back to it's 30 week MA and has been in Stage 2 for a year now. So is no where near any of the Weinstein entry points currently for the trader or investor method and looking quite parabolic.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2014-07-12, 02:44 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2014-07-12, 02:35 PM)theory6453 Wrote: Watchlist alert: Strong institutional buying on SHPG & WLB.

SHPG looks quite extended in Stage 2B as would need a 33% pullback to get back to it's 30 week MA and has been in Stage 2 for a year now. So no where near any of the Weinstein entry points currently for the trader or investor method and looking quite parabolic.

Yes, I certainly agree. I highlighted it b/c the 30 wma is moving up at a very sharp angle and the recent volume has been overwhelmingly positive. It's nowhere near any type of buy point as of right now, but a pullback in average-to-below average volume (like the one that occurred in Feb-May of this year) could potentially make for a nice entry point.

This was just from my volume scan and I have not researched the sector/sub-group as of yet, so I apologize if my posting it was premature. Was just something that caught my eye.

I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. - Michael Jordan

(2014-07-12, 03:02 PM)theory6453 Wrote: Yes, I certainly agree. I highlighted it b/c the 30 wma is moving up at a very sharp angle and the recent volume has been overwhelmingly positive. It's nowhere near any type of buy point as of right now, but a pullback in average-to-below average volume (like the one that occurred in Feb-May of this year) could potentially make for a nice entry point.

This was just from my volume scan and I have not researched the sector/sub-group as of yet, so I apologize if my posting it was premature. Was just something that caught my eye.

No worries, I just highlighted that, as this is the general trader watchlist thread and so you get a lot more beginners etc that read the posts, and so I wanted to make sure that they didn't think you were suggesting it was a potential buy at the moment.

So I'd suggest maybe going into a little bit more detail with future posts on this free thread so newbies don't get confused, but what you posted initially would be fine on the Elite board watchlist thread Smile

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium)

GLUU - potential for a breakout attempt to new five year highs (see monthly chart attached).

isatrader

ACM is an interesting one. It's formed a large Stage 3 range through the last year, but had a failed breakdown attempt in late 2013 and has now moved into a higher tighter range that held above the 30 week which has began rising again. It's testing the top of that new Stage 1 range at the moment and today has seen some big relative volume and so could be set to attempt a new Stage 2 continuation move, which if it does do could see it move to new multi year highs. Attached is the charts.

isatrader

(2014-07-08, 12:33 AM)theory6453 Wrote:
(2014-01-29, 12:11 AM)isatrader Wrote: Potential continuation moves for the watchlist - SIMO, SMED, XRS, ORBC, RCON, WAT

Here is a chart that looked interesting to me as it came up on my Heavy Volume scan: SIMO. Isa highlighted it back in January as a Stage 2 continuation move and now it is approaching its 5-yr high. It scored pretty favorably on my Weinstein checklist and has a very strong IBD Accumulation rating. There doesn't seem to be any overhead resistance and if it can push past $23.50, it may have some room to run.

Heads up that SIMO is up 4% today and has pushed above it's 2012 high of $23.32 in what appears to be above average daily volume. I just bought in @ $23.49 and it has now pulled back a few cents and is currently sitting at about $23.45.

KNDI - seems to recovering while still in Stage 2, after a strong 50% pullback earlier in the year. Strong relative volume move today.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader