Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 64

RE: Watchlist - Investor method

GOGO - relatively new listing from June this year that broke above it"s IPO high in September and has since pulled back and rebounded from that support and is now close to attempting to make it's first Stage 2 continuation move. Watch for a weekly close above the September highs.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Some UK stocks for the watchlist - EXI.L, GKO.L, CWC.L, KGLD.L, YOU.L, UTV.L, AMEC.L and AFR.L

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

RE: Watchlist - Traders method

(2013-10-31, 03:17 AM)goodtyneguy Wrote: A cheaper alternative is to take a look at idealing.com. They have a free delayed data (15 mins) charting package and commissions are a little cheaper than Selftrade. There is an option to get live LSE data and trade directly through the order book for a £66 per year sub. There are also options to trade US, Canadian and european stocks. They offer an ISA and SIPP account. I have never had an account with them but I have only ever heard good things about them other than they have a £60 account closure fee. It's something I would have looked into if I had just been using the investor method with perhaps the occasional trader trade but I think my next move will be to Interactive Brokers, but that's another story.

This does look interesting/cheap. Just wondering about the quality of chart software with it being so cheap. I am paying almost £60 a month with ProRealTime, so £60 a year sounds very good. We'll at least give a free trial a go.

Thanks

(2013-11-01, 01:47 AM)Tryst Wrote: This does look interesting/cheap. Just wondering about the quality of chart software with it being so cheap. I am paying almost £60 a month with ProRealTime, so £60 a year sounds very good. We'll at least give a free trial a go.

What are you paying £60 a month for with ProRealTime? I use it and pay zero, but pay ADVFN.com £ 5.60 a month + vat for intraday UK charts and data, although I could probably get by with the free 15 minute delayed charts as am obviously not day trading with this method.

Remember it's important to treat trading as a business, so your chart and data costs are your overheads. So at £60 a month, you're already down £720 a year before you breakeven on any trading profits. Which means you've got to make 7.2% profit just to breakeven on a £10,000 account, 3.6% on a £25,000 account, 1.44% on a £50,000 account etc. So it's very important to minimise your trading overheads anyway you can.

isatrader

AFR, AMEC, GKO looking ripe for a break out.

AMEC looks to have an ascending triangle forming on the weekly.

GKO still hasn't truly broken out it seems as it still has to clear the high from mid-March this year.

Lets see how these charts close out the week.

(2013-11-01, 01:57 AM)Tryst Wrote: AFR, AMEC, GKO looking ripe for a break out.

AMEC looks to have an ascending triangle forming on the weekly.

GKO still hasn't truly broken out it seems as it still has to clear the high from mid-March this year.

Lets see how these charts close out the week.

Make sure you look at the monthly charts for each as well, as it gives a different perspective on charts like UTV.L which only fairly recently made a convincing monthly Stage 2A breakout and has seen much increased volume over two times the monthly average for the last two months.

isatrader

Hi IsaTrader,

I pay for realtime FTSE indexes/sectors charts and also realtime LSE/AIM markets. I don't day trade on the 5/10 charts but I do swing trade on the 30/1 hr charts.

What is the ADVFN intraday UK charts like?

(2013-11-01, 02:10 AM)Tryst Wrote: Hi IsaTrader,

I pay for realtime FTSE indexes/sectors charts and also realtime LSE/AIM markets. I don't day trade on the 5/10 charts but I do swing trade on the 30/1 hr charts.

What is the ADVFN intraday UK charts like?

They are ok, but would recommend trialling it first for free before committing to the live data, as they're not as customizable as prorealtime charts, and only have built in indicators, but you'd need the UK silver service which is £13.16 a month + vat for real time intraday UK stock charts (indexes and level 2 are more). Which could save you a lot of money a month and you could still use prorealtime for free for the UK daily and above EOD charts.

isatrader