Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 63

RE: Watchlist - Traders method

HAWK.L looks primed for an imminent break out and has a very nice look about it, but I would say that as I already have a position in this one, so get buying....please Smile

I found an interesting one tonight. LBMH is in the drug retailers sector which gave a relative performance buy signal this month.

LBMH had a large buyer on the 28th Oct which has pushed the weekly volume to almost 10 times the average already this week after only two days. And it's an interesting time for the volume to come in, as LBMH is just below it's 2008 IPO all time highs and the 2010 highs. So someone certainly thinks it's going to breakout.

Attached is my charts

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

A few stocks with potential for continuation moves for the watchlist - BYI, BYD and IPO.L

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

BDBD made a Stage 2 continuation move yesterday to new all time highs on two times daily volume, after consolidating above a rising 30 week MA for three months following a 100%+ move off the March low. Volume is light overall, but it has strong relative performance versus the market and Q3 earnings are due on the 7-Nov-13. Attached is the charts.

isatrader

I posted PACB the other day. It has pulled back further. I am looking at a potential trade. The closest possible stop would be $3.84 just below the trendline and low price on 9/25 with huge volume. The next place down would be $3.32 which is the swing low on the weekly and coincides with the 30 week MA. That looks like a much better stop but is 18% away. $3.84 is about 5% away.

Sector is Healthcare / Biotech.

(This post was last modified: 2013-10-31, 01:12 AM by Tryst.)

(2013-10-30, 01:02 AM)goodtyneguy Wrote: HAWK.L looks primed for an imminent break out and has a very nice look about it, but I would say that as I already have a position in this one, so get buying....please Smile

Thanks for the chart, goodtyneguy. HAWK is looking like it wants to break through. On my ProRealTime charts it shows the price bouncing off horizontal resistance from the previous high at 12.00. Supply came into the market to meet demand, but will the supply/shorters be there the next time the price hits 12.00...lets wait and see Smile

Tryst

gbarbs, do you use Think or Swim software for your charts?

If so, how do you find it? And does it allow trading UK based equities?

I've been recommended this by someone I know who also traders - although he only trades in the Futures market.

Thanks

Thanks for the charts, isatrader, esp. the LSE based ones.

I do like the look of IPO and LOQ...i'll be keeping an eye on these over these coming days.

Tryst

(2013-10-31, 12:59 AM)Tryst Wrote: Thanks for the chart, goodtyneguy.

My pleasure.

In the past TOS did not take UK customers and as far as I am aware that has not changed with their new business relationship with T D Ameritrade. Their UK arm is T D Direct and if I am correct this was T D Waterhouse before T D Ameritrade came on the scene. In fact their web site looks very familiar.

I had an ISA with T D Wasterhouse for a short period of time as did other disgruntled customers. Without going into detail I was pleased to get out. In any case if it's a decent integrated charting package you are after it would cost you £200 per quarter for their Pro charting offering if your trades were less than 25 for the period. This is probably the package gbarbs and other US and Canadian citizens are offered for free or perhaps a small data charge.

A cheaper alternative is to take a look at idealing.com. They have a free delayed data (15 mins) charting package and commissions are a little cheaper than Selftrade. There is an option to get live LSE data and trade directly through the order book for a £66 per year sub. There are also options to trade US, Canadian and european stocks. They offer an ISA and SIPP account. I have never had an account with them but I have only ever heard good things about them other than they have a £60 account closure fee. It's something I would have looked into if I had just been using the investor method with perhaps the occasional trader trade but I think my next move will be to Interactive Brokers, but that's another story.

RE: Watchlist - Investor method

NCIT has been making a Stage 1 base for the last year, and is currently in Stage 1B.

Relative performance has been trading around the zero line for three months and volume was over 9 times the daily average yesterday. Watch for a weekly close above 6.15 for a move a into Stage 2A imo.

isatrader