Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 59

RE: Watchlist - Traders method

NQ attempting a Stage 2 continuation move on strong volume.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
(This post was last modified: 2013-10-18, 12:10 AM by Tryst.)

RE: Watchlist - Investor method

(2013-10-16, 05:50 PM)Locked in Wrote: Posted this one months ago and have been averaging in. It finally broke out today on some nice looking volume thus far. This chart was last updated yesterday but it did break out today imo..The reason I like this one is that Spanish and Greek (and Italian) stocks have recently crashed and I am all about finding the recently humbled markets. This one in particular seems to be the strongest of the Spanish banks and unless we see the country drop out of the EuroZ (which is a possibility), the stock should continue its upward trend as the country continues to make gains economically.

Currently @ $9.05

Looks like a great inverted head and shoulders reversal pattern on that chart, Locked In'. The neckline looks like it is exactly the horizontal line you have drawn. A break in that and a surge in volume will be good...which I think you say has already happened. Can you post an updated chart?

(2013-10-17, 10:12 PM)isatrader Wrote: Some UK stocks for the watchlist

Thanks for posting the LSE/AIM stocks, Isatrader.

With charts like this which seem to have broken into early stage 2, would you have already built a position at this point or do you wait for pull backs. As in your last post of LSE stocks, Cairn energy is really the only one who hasn't ran away. I would be tempted but I believe its sector 'oil & gas producers' isn't doing to great. It needs to clear 310 to free itself of the most recent significant resistance.

Thanks

(2013-10-17, 11:57 PM)Tryst Wrote: Thanks for posting the LSE/AIM stocks, Isatrader.

With charts like this which seem to have broken into early stage 2, would you have already built a position at this point or do you wait for pull backs. As in your last post of LSE stocks, Cairn energy is really the only one who hasn't ran away. I would be tempted but I believe its sector 'oil & gas producers' isn't doing to great. It needs to clear 310 to free itself of the most recent significant resistance.

Although CNE has made a Stage 1B / 2A breakout today, and you are correct that it's not clear of the near term resistance yet, and I think the 310 zone is around the area it would become more interesting and a proper 2A, as if you overlay an Ichimoku cloud on the weekly chart that shows the resistance strength you'll see that it needs to at least close above 300 to clear the near term resistance.

Of those charts I like STJ.L the most, as it's been consolidating for around six months, and has made a volatility contraction pattern, where the volatility in the stock has gradually decreased, and now it's broken out to new highs. So it looks like it could go higher as it's still in a strong Stage 2 uptrend, and has made a similar pattern to the "ideal trader" entry pattern this week if you refer back to the book.

I'm finding it very hard to find UK stocks with the same scans that I use for the other countries like the US as the volumes don't seem to behave in the same way, so I have to use the cumulative volume instead as volume on UK stocks and can be very erratic on the charts. So I don't know why this is, but will hazard a guess that dark pools and spread betting could be major reasons for this. As the majority of UK retail traders use spread betting and so the volume doesn't necessarily go into the actual stocks and I'm assuming it is hedged by the firms in other ways, indexes etc. So it's annoying as I feel we are not getting the same information in the UK charts, and makes it harder to identify stocks making the right moves. But hopefully I can come up with a solution for this as as a UK investor myself I need to be finding UK stocks for my portfolio.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

EOX came up in the Daily Breakouts and Breakdowns in the US Market in the Elite section of the forum tonight.

It's attempting to make a Stage 2A breakout after failed breakout attempt earlier in July and has got an important volume increase to back it up this time, which has been over 4 times the average for the last four weeks, so with the relative performance also breaking above the zero line EOX looks ready to move into a Stage 2 advance.

isatrader

A few small caps for the watchlist - PVA and DGIT

isatrader

A few small caps for the watchlist - PETS and NTCT

isatrader

Potential Stage 2 continuation breakout in MNTX

isatrader

QUIK made it's first Stage 2 continuation move last week on more than 2x volume to break through it's near term resistance that it's been working through for the last year, and relative performance is strong above the zero line. Q3 Earnings are on the 10/29/2013. Attached is the charts.

isatrader