Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 60

RE: Watchlist - Investor method

RENN is still in early Stage 2 after retesting the Stage 2A breakout level in August and September. Relative performance is above the zero line, and volume has been strong on the up moves and has contracted on the pullbacks, although they've been sharp. But there are signs of accumulation and I noticed some interesting volume action on the intraday chart the last few days, with strong volume moves higher and then a drift lower each day on much lighter volume, which could be a large player trying to hide their accumulation of the stock. But obviously that's just an assumption on my part.

Attached is the charts including the intraday chart so you can see what I mean about the volume action. Earnings are on Nov 12, 2013.

Disclosure: I am long RENN since 7th October.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

RE: Watchlist - Traders method

Thanks to gbarbs for highlighting AAPL in his journal, as I had taken my eye off it.

AAPL made it's first potential Stage 2 continuation move yesterday since the Stage 2A breakout with the relative performance now attempting to cross the weekly still declining zero line. Volume has been below average though, and it's still working through resistance. Attached are the charts

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

RE: Watchlist - Investor method

Alcoa (AA) made a potential Stage 2A breakout today following positive earnings surprise two weeks ago. Relative performance has moved up to attempt to cross the zero line and volume was 4.73 times the daily average on the breakout today. Attached are the charts.

isatrader

CMGE (China Mobile Games and Entertainment Group) is breaking out to new all time highs, and above the IPO high on around 2x it's average weekly volume, and is showing strong relative performance versus the market. Attached is the charts.

isatrader

XUE attempted to make a Stage 2 continuation move today, but reversed to only close slightly higher on the day. Volume has been relatively good the last few days at around 8x the daily average and was strong on the last two continuation moves, and relative performance is above the zero line. So watch for a close above the September swing high. Attached is the charts.

isatrader

Every weekday I post the "Daily Breakouts and Breakdowns in the US Market" in the Elite section of the website. So to give the free members and guests a glimpse of what the daily posts are like, below is today's breakouts and breakdowns with the charts of stocks that I've highlighted today.

(2013-10-23, 10:12 PM)isatrader Wrote: Below is the table of today's breakouts and breakdowns in the US market. There was 43 breakouts and 18 breakdowns, which I've ordered by industry group.

US Market Breakouts - 23/10/13

US Market Breakdowns - 23/10/13

Cheers

isatrader

A few of today's above average volume movers in the US market - CP, STXS, SYMM

isatrader

CLGX (CoreLogic) made a Stage 2 continuation move on more than 6x the average daily volume today following positive earnings and broke out of a large year long Stage 3 range., and relative performance broke above the zero line. Attached is the charts.

isatrader