Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 431

RE: US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts

RUBI and ABX.TO breaking out on good volume. ABX.TO has not got any recent support though.

US Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion

I'm back from my ski trip to Austria, and feeling mentally refreshed, but physically exhausted at the same time. So am easing myself back into the market.

Here's todays additions to watchlist from my scans:

AGEN, CEVA, CVNA, EVRI, FCEL, KDMN, KRMD, PLG, RING, WIX, WPM, WRTC, WSTG

So a mixed bag, with stocks from most of the major sectors in there tonight including a few precious metals miners too following the breakout to new highs in gold, which is why I took a position in my pension account in spot gold via a currency hedged etf.

The charts can be found at: US Breakout Stocks Watchlist - 19 February 2020

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

US Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion

For the US watchlist from Thursdays scans - BLU, BND, GAIA, NET, SOL, TW, ZM

Note: I've only highlighted one solar stock, but there was a number of other solar stocks that appeared in my stock scans tonight, so might be worth investigating the solar sector to see if there's anything going on there.

The charts can be found at: US Breakout Stocks Watchlist - 20 February 2020

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

US Breakout Stocks Watchlist - 23 February 2020

For the watchlist from the weekend scans - AGQ, AKG, AVX, AXNX, AXU, CEF, CHWY, EGO, GLD, GMAB, GOEX, GORO, HMY, PLG, ROK, SILV, USAS, VGLT, VGZ, ZYXI

Note: Gold stocks dominated the weekend scans with volume coming into multiple stocks in the precious metals miners, and so per the "Forest to the Trees" Approach in Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis Method, we should be focusing in on the sector and looking for the strongest stocks for potential trades if they are setup right.

The charts can be found at: US Breakout Stocks Watchlist - 23 February 2020

isatrader

RE: US Breakout Stocks Watchlist - 23 February 2020

(2020-02-23, 10:39 PM)isatrader Wrote: For the watchlist from the weekend scans - AGQ, AKG, AVX, AXNX, AXU, CEF, CHWY, EGO, GLD, GMAB, GOEX, GORO, HMY, PLG, ROK, SILV, USAS, VGLT, VGZ, ZYXI

Note: Gold stocks dominated the weekend scans with volume coming into multiple stocks in the precious metals miners, and so per the "Forest to the Trees" Approach in Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis Method, we should be focusing in on the sector and looking for the strongest stocks for potential trades if they are setup right.

The charts can be found at: US Breakout Stocks Watchlist - 23 February 2020

I would think with many of the miners you would need to look for a small pullback as many of them have shot up rapidly.

(This post was last modified: 2020-03-22, 10:58 PM by shaunattwood.)

as I had my shares on margin, I was forced to sell by stop losses approx 2 weeks ago, people are asking whether they should repurchase now: catching falling daggers applies: I think it's madness to buy the dip until the MACD has crossed over into bullish territory: the black line at the bottom needs to cross back over the red line
if this is a bear market as opposed to a correction, we will find out if the Dow violates 22,000, there is no support until 18,000, yes there will be huge rallies as it zigs and zags, but the trend is firmly down and the average bear market is nine months
#caution

Dow rapidly sliced through 22,000, and hit almost 18,000 support, so now 22,000 to 23,000 zone becomes overhead resistance. I'm itching to short (by purchasing SPXU) but MACD just did a short-term bullish crossover. If America becomes the coronavirus epicentre, the next support level of 15,000 could easily be challenged. The market is so volatile, I'm still on the sidelines.

(This post was last modified: 2020-04-09, 10:58 AM by shaunattwood.)

MACD still bullish short term, but 150 day MA starting to turn down bearish long term. I advise utmost caution and stop losses. Volatility is so high, positions can be wiped out very quickly. If you are not a seasoned trader, I recommend remaining in cash. I'm waiting for MACD bearish crossover to reenter short, by buying SPXU.