Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 430

RE: US Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion

(2020-01-24, 07:46 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2020-01-24, 06:17 PM)Tryst Wrote: Hi all, we have the sectors in the US markets (and there are charts for these XLV etc). These sectors have sub-sectors (industries). Does anyone have a list of the tickers/ETFs for these sub-sectors/industries please?

Thanks

Yep sure. Go to: Industry Summary | stockcharts.com

I just want to ensure I got everything right here so I know which site to best use.

IsaTrader, if I take your link and compare it to this link - https://www.tradingview.com/markets/stoc...ry-sector/

The link above has a few more sectors in it, and also some of the sub-sectors/industries don't match. Why would there be differences and which is actually the right site/lists?

Thanks

(2020-01-25, 03:58 PM)Tryst Wrote: I just want to ensure I got everything right here so I know which site to best use.

IsaTrader, if I take your link and compare it to this link - https://www.tradingview.com/markets/stoc...ry-sector/

The link above has a few more sectors in it, and also some of the sub-sectors/industries don't match. Why would there be differences and which is actually the right site/lists?

Thanks

Lets take AAPL for an example as should be an easy for them to get right.

The Nasdaq Exchange has it as:
Sector Technology
Industry Computer Manufacturing

Tradingview has it as:
Sector Electronic Technology
Industry Telecommunications Equipment

Stockcharts has it as:
Sector Technology
Industry Computer Hardware

I believe the differences would be based on whoever they get their data from. As, as you can see, they are all different, and some companies are going to range across multiple sectors like apple do.

I'd say as long as you use one source, and they have charts for the industry sectors too, then you can make reasonable relative performance charts. But sometimes you'll have to go down to the micro level and do direct stock to stock relative performance comparison charts, as sectors have micro sectors within in that only will have a few stocks or so. So peer comparisons are always a good thing to do, especially with the direct competitions to the stocks. As can tell you more than the sector charts can.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

That makes sense IsaTrader - depends where they get their data from I guess

FCPT:

RE: US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts

JKS breaking out on good volume.
WEN breaking out on poor volume.

A few near breakout:

ABX.TO, OGS, RUBI and TMHC:

OGS seems to behaving this way despite a very weak sector.

Some tech stocks:

AMBA, AVGO, DAVA, JKS and SWCH.

More US