Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 371

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion

This is more of a general question, but when we look at watchlists, does anyone follow a select few symbols?
say just the dow30 for example, or even better a select list of ETFs that may track the various indices, which would also look to reduce exposure to just one such as the dow in my example
i'm just curious what others do for their starting point?

(2019-01-02, 10:22 PM)malaguti Wrote: This is more of a general question, but when we look at watchlists, does anyone follow a select few symbols?
say just the dow30 for example, or even better a select list of ETFs that may track the various indices, which would also look to reduce exposure to just one such as the dow in my example

My watchlists scans cover the US and Canadian markets, but because it has multiple conditions like 2x the average daily volume, a higher daily close, and a rising 10 day SMA, a market cap of 50 million, and excludes the over the counter markets. It generally only gives about 50 to 100 results on most days, of which, in the 10 per page view on stockcharts.com that's only 5 to 10 pages of results to look at, and so I can scan through them manually in about 10 minutes and see if there's anything interesting for the watchlist. So I don't think focusing on a small list would give me enough results that meet the criteria that I look for. As I only found 13 suitable trades last year from that many results each day.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

My favourite shorts from ISA's P&F breakdown list: HLG, NTES, NTGR, NVR, PSA

(2019-01-03, 12:08 AM)isatrader Wrote:
(2019-01-02, 10:22 PM)malaguti Wrote: This is more of a general question, but when we look at watchlists, does anyone follow a select few symbols?

My watchlists scans cover the US and Canadian markets, but because it has multiple conditions like 2x the average daily volume, a higher daily close, and a rising 10 day SMA, a market cap of 50 million, and excludes the over the counter markets. It generally only gives about 50 to 100 results on most days, of which, in the 10 per page view on stockcharts.com that's only 5 to 10 pages of results to look at, and so I can scan through them manually in about 10 minutes and see if there's anything interesting for the watchlist. So I don't think focusing on a small list would give me enough results that meet the criteria that I look for. As I only found 13 suitable trades last year from that many results each day.

wow! food for thought..it can only be then the criteria that im (not) applying and for sure its probably going to be the volume, which is lacking I find on most UK stocks. thanks for the reply though ISA

One for the watchlist tonight, that was highlighted a few weeks ago, but challenging the breakout level now - DPM.TO

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

just shorted PRGS @ 35.31

For the watchlist from Fridays scans - APPS, BKS, BSBR, CRCM, OKTA, PAT.V

isatrader

(2019-01-06, 12:53 PM)isatrader Wrote: For the watchlist from Fridays scans - APPS, BKS, BSBR, CRCM, OKTA, PAT.V

WAAS and MTLS