Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 369

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion

A couple for the watchlist tonight - BAD.TO, EFR.TO

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2018-12-10, 05:29 PM)shaunattwood Wrote: BEAR alert, DOW dropping off the 24,000 cliff, I'll start the shorts with FIZZ @ $85

good one.  looks like it is sitting literally at its tipping point. unfortunately i'm trading mostly in my IRA and can't short directly.  Would need to buy a put on it.  The options are kind of thin on it but that looks like a big top ready to drop.

I've got some puts in SPY.  And took up smaller positions in SEE, BCO, XYL, and JPM.

(2018-12-10, 05:29 PM)shaunattwood Wrote: BEAR alert, DOW dropping off the 24,000 cliff, I'll start the shorts with FIZZ @ $85
Wow, fancy seeing you here. Cool. Are you in the UK or USA? Anyway, looks like FIZZ began its downtrend back on Oct 8. The volume on that date, and afterwhich, ideally would be greater to confirm it is going down with solid conviction. But yeah, that stock been in S2 for almost 10 yrs. It is due for a down turn.

Gold is starting to interest me again as spot gold approaches it's 200 day MA with a cup and handle pattern on the daily chart, and relative performance above a flattening zero line, and has moved into Stage 1A recently on the weekly chart. So potential for a trader position in the coming weeks possibly, as it does tend to be stronger during times when stocks go into a more serious Stage 4 decline. So keeping a close eye on it, as could be one of the big trades for the first part of the new year if volume comes its way, and into the gold miners.

Golds stocks for the watchlist - SSRM, ABX, AU, BTG, BVN, DPM.TO, GOLD, KL, WDO.TO

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
(This post was last modified: 2018-12-19, 02:02 PM by pcabc.)

(2018-12-17, 11:50 PM)isatrader Wrote: Gold is starting to interest me again as spot gold approaches it's 200 day MA with a cup and handle pattern on the daily chart, and relative performance above a flattening zero line, and has moved into Stage 1A recently on the weekly chart. So potential for a trader position in the coming weeks possibly, as it does tend to be stronger during times when stocks go into a more serious Stage 4 decline. So keeping a close eye on it, as could be one of the big trades for the first part of the new year if volume comes its way, and into the gold miners.

Golds stocks for the watchlist - SSRM, ABX, AU, BTG, BVN, DPM.TO, GOLD, KL, WDO.TO

Looking at my chart for GLD versus the miners market bread it looks like things are strengthening, but there is a way to go.  New highs minus new lows is still negative, albeit nearer the zero.  Advancing / declining volume has strengthened.  Have to see if the advance / decline line is turning.

I'll have to check the stocks that make this up.  The smaller miners seems to chop and change a lot and some of the very small ones have very erratic charts making them worthless for this purpose.

Edit: Yes, need to check the stocks as a lot have out of date data. SO I need to look into this and recalculate the chart.

A few showing some good relative volume today and strong relative performance for the watchlist - EVBG, UXIN

isatrader

[quote pid='13140' dateline='1545224379']

Edit:  Yes, need to check the stocks as a lot have out of date data.  SO I need to look into this and recalculate the chart.
[/quote]

OK, have done this.  Chart looks very similar.  No point in re-posting it.

OGC.TO, note, this has fallen back a little after the breakout: