Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 372

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion

For the watchlist from Mondays scans - BAD.TO, IIIV, NSTG, NVAX, OSS.V, QTT, TWLO

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

A few for the watchlist - WGO.V, VIT.V

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2015-07-23, 09:29 PM)gbarbs Wrote:
(2015-07-23, 06:07 AM)CH868 Wrote: gbarbs,
How did you create the mansfielddaily and weekly indicators on thinkorswim platform ?

Not sure how familiar you are so let me know if you need more details...but you first click on the edit and studies button in the top right area.

In the bottom left of the pop up window, underneath all of the studies click on "new"

You can name the study in the very top that's where I put "Mansfield Daily".  Then paste in the following code into thinkscript editor for the daily mansfield:

declare lower;

input CorrelationWithSecurity = "SPX";
def SPXclose = close(CorrelationWithSecurity);
def R200 = close/SPXclose;

def RS_today = close / SPXclose;
def BSAverage = (sum(r200, 200)/200);
Plot RS2 = ((R200/BSAverage)-1)*10;
plot zeroline = 0;

RS2.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(6));plot Data = close;

for the weekly, use the following:

declare lower;

def R52 = close/SPXclose;

def BSAverage = (sum(r52, 52)/52);
Plot RS2 = ((R52/BSAverage)-1)*10;
plot zeroline = 0;

Once you do this they will show up in your list of studies on the left hand side and you can add them to the chart.  Once you do go into the settings of the study and click on the tab that says "data".  You want to uncheck the box so it does not plot data.  RS2 and zeroline should have the plot box checked.

Hope this helps see screen shots if this doesn't make sense

Thanks for the TD code, how would you code this into a scanner? Would like to scan for when RS crosses the 0 line from negative to positive value?

For the watchlist from Wednesdays scans - BIOS, CGC, CTK, GLOB, KNT.V

isatrader

(2019-01-09, 03:45 AM)TraderAkiva Wrote:
(2015-07-23, 09:29 PM)gbarbs Wrote:
(2015-07-23, 06:07 AM)CH868 Wrote: gbarbs,
How did you create the mansfielddaily and weekly indicators on thinkorswim platform ?

Not sure how familiar you are so let me know if you need more details...but you first click on the edit and studies button in the top right area.

In the bottom left of the pop up window, underneath all of the studies click on "new"

You can name the study in the very top that's where I put "Mansfield Daily".  Then paste in the following code into thinkscript editor for the daily mansfield:

declare lower;

def R200 = close/SPXclose;

def BSAverage = (sum(r200, 200)/200);
Plot RS2 = ((R200/BSAverage)-1)*10;
plot zeroline = 0;

for the weekly, use the following:

declare lower;

def R52 = close/SPXclose;

def BSAverage = (sum(r52, 52)/52);
Plot RS2 = ((R52/BSAverage)-1)*10;
plot zeroline = 0;

Once you do this they will show up in your list of studies on the left hand side and you can add them to the chart.  Once you do go into the settings of the study and click on the tab that says "data".  You want to uncheck the box so it does not plot data.  RS2 and zeroline should have the plot box checked.

Hope this helps see screen shots if this doesn't make sense

Thanks for the TD code, how would you code this into a scanner? Would like to scan for when RS crosses the 0 line from negative to positive value?

I am sorry I"m not a programmer can't help with a scan but maybe a few others here that can.  I can't recall where I found the code but didn't write it myself.  I my have copied it from a previous post on this site.

For the watchlist from Thursdays scans - ALEF.V, AMRN

isatrader

A couple for the watchlist from Fridays scans - INFY, LQDT

isatrader

A few for the watchlist from Mondays scans - ERO.TO, GCI

isatrader