Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 370

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion

BEAR MKT LEG 1 CONTINUES
auto stocks breaking down, TSLA in big top formation just sliced through 150 day ma, SHORT any rallies

For the watchlist from Thursdays scans - GOLD, MITK

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

A few for the watchlist from Fridays scans - AUPH, FLDM, INSG, LRN

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2018-12-28, 11:57 AM)isatrader Wrote: For the watchlist from Thursdays scans - GOLD, MITK

Gold is from $DJUSPM Gold Miners Index which is just breaking into a stage 2 - according to Weinstein that would means the Gold Miners industry sector would be interesting to check out.  GLD moved 10% higher since October while the market moved more the 10% lower.  During times of instability, it seems people move to gold for security. When the price of gold rises, gold mines become more profitable which means $DJUSPM may offer some stage 2 options.

The $GOLD:$SPX ratio is a good guide of when to consider Gold over general US stocks, as it shows the relative performance versus the 30 month MA. When the line is above the 30 month MA and the 30 month MA is rising, then Gold is definitely preferable, but being a long term MA, it takes a while to turn up, so when it's still declining but the price ratio moves above it (like it has currently), there's a chance that it's at the start of move in gold, so it is a time to be researching the best in the sector and possibly doing test trades if anything is suitable and breaking out into Stage 2 with strong relative volume, and no near term resistance etc. The same rules apply as always with the method though, so don't be tempted into stocks that are still well below resistance in deep Stage 4 declines. Focus only the best quality to see if anything is viable.

isatrader

(2019-01-01, 11:20 AM)isatrader Wrote: The $GOLD:$SPX ratio is a good guide of when to consider Gold over general US stocks, as it shows the relative performance versus the 30 month MA. When the line is above the 30 month MA and the 30 month MA is rising, then Gold is definitely preferable, but being a long term MA, it takes a while to turn up, so when it's still declining but the price ratio moves above it (like it has currently), there's a chance that it's at the start of move in gold, so it is a time to be researching the best in the sector and possibly doing test trades if anything is suitable and breaking out into Stage 2 with strong relative volume, and no near term resistance etc. The same rules apply as always with the method though, so don't be tempted into stocks that are still well below resistance in deep Stage 4 declines. Focus only the best quality to see if anything is viable.

Hi Isa!

Nice find here! 

Gold:SPX not giving many false signals with the 30 month SMA. Seems harmonious.

Regards,

Patrick

I thought it was worth posting a long term chart (30 years) of the DOW with log scaling to give everyone a bit of perspective of where we are currently in the US market.

isatrader

(2019-01-01, 11:20 AM)isatrader Wrote: The $GOLD:$SPX ratio is a good guide of when to consider Gold over general US stocks, as it shows the relative performance versus the 30 month MA. When the line is above the 30 month MA and the 30 month MA is rising, then Gold is definitely preferable, but being a long term MA, it takes a while to turn up, so when it's still declining but the price ratio moves above it (like it has currently), there's a chance that it's at the start of move in gold, so it is a time to be researching the best in the sector and possibly doing test trades if anything is suitable and breaking out into Stage 2 with strong relative volume, and no near term resistance etc. The same rules apply as always with the method though, so don't be tempted into stocks that are still well below resistance in deep Stage 4 declines. Focus only the best quality to see if anything is viable.

Here are my breadth charts for 2 years (with my breadth score) and 6 years without:

From my charts the breadth is still not posative (though there have bene small blips) but has improved significantly.  THe comparison with early 2016 I believe is significant, as I found that stage analysis was working well for me at that point.  The volume on GLD was notable.