Stage Analysis Video Training Course

UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Page 113

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium)

(2014-12-06, 11:09 PM)Tryst Wrote: Isatrader, what is your distinction between FIF and JIL above to classify one in a stage 1 and another in a stage 2 continuation?

They both look very similar.

Both made a Stage 4A breakdown earlier in the year and subsequently recovered back into Stage 1 in the summer, but JIL.L has showed better relative performance and made a fresh Stage 2A breakout at the end of September above the swing high that had formed above the again rising 30 week MA, whereas FIF.L has not yet made a fresh breakout above it's swing high that formed above the 30 week MA, and hence has yet to move back into Stage 2A.

So JIL.L is in early Stage 2 again imo, and has the chance to move to new highs and hence a possible continuation, whereas FIF.L still hasn't moved back into Stage 2A yet.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
(This post was last modified: 2014-12-07, 12:43 AM by Tryst.)

(2014-12-07, 12:22 AM)isatrader Wrote:
(2014-12-06, 11:09 PM)Tryst Wrote: Isatrader, what is your distinction between FIF and JIL above to classify one in a stage 1 and another in a stage 2 continuation?

They both look very similar.

Both made a Stage 4A breakdown earlier in the year and subsequently recovered back into Stage 1 in the summer, but JIL.L has showed better relative performance and made a fresh Stage 2A breakout at the end of September above the swing high that had formed above the again rising 30 week MA, whereas FIF.L has not yet made a fresh breakout above it's swing high that formed above the 30 week MA, and hence has yet to move back into Stage 2A.

So JIL.L is in early Stage 2 again imo, and has the chance to move to new highs and hence a possible continuation, whereas FIF.L still hasn't moved back into Stage 2A yet.

ah, I see now. So JIL did go into a stage 1 but came out of it quickly. I was thinking you still had it as a stage 3 but potential to move back into a stage 2 continuation.

It can seem, for me anyway, that these types of charts can be quite tricky to call as they have effectively done the bulk of their stage 4 declines as the 30WMA was still rising.

Thanks for clearing that up.

(2014-12-07, 12:42 AM)Tryst Wrote: ah, I see now. So JIL did go into a stage 1 but came out of it quickly. I was thinking you still had it as a stage 3 but potential to move back into a stage 2 continuation.

It can seem, for me anyway, that these types of charts can be quite tricky to call as they have effectively done the bulk of their stage 4 declines as the 30WMA was still rising.

The thing I've noticed over the last few years is that during a bull market, the Stage 4 breakdowns can be very brief, and the bulk of the move only lasts a month or two before they begin consolidate higher and recover back into Stage 1. So unless there's a prolonged bear market i.e. 2008, then shorting is for the most part a short term traders game the majority of the time.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

UK FTSE 350 Sectors Relative Performance

Attached is the Relative performance tables for the UK FTSE 350 Sectors.

To see the individual stocks in each sector go to: http://www.londonstockexchange.com/excha...r=&page=10 and use the drop down menu.

FTSE 350 Sectors - Ordered by Overall RS Score

FTSE 350 Sectors - Ordered by Weekly Change

FTSE 350 Sectors - Ordered by Monthly Change

As a reminder, the daily UK watchlist picks can now be found in the Elite Members section of the site. To become an Elite Member please join via the one fee on the front page of the forum here: Premium Services

isatrader

(This post was last modified: 2014-12-07, 11:45 PM by Tryst.)

(2014-12-07, 12:51 AM)isatrader Wrote:
(2014-12-07, 12:42 AM)Tryst Wrote: ah, I see now. So JIL did go into a stage 1 but came out of it quickly. I was thinking you still had it as a stage 3 but potential to move back into a stage 2 continuation.

The thing I've noticed over the last few years is that during a bull market, the Stage 4 breakdowns can be very brief, and the bulk of the move only lasts a month or two before they begin consolidate higher and recover back into Stage 1. So unless there's a prolonged bear market i.e. 2008, then shorting is for the most part a short term traders game the majority of the time.

I couldn't agree more.

There are some gems of stocks in terms of chart patterns to short, but low and behold they are just holding up from breaking down hard.

It is great education mind, watching how these markets move in a bull market and how they correction etc.

(2014-12-02, 11:02 PM)isatrader Wrote: A few for the UK long watchlist today - ARGP.L

This one has worked out treat. Cleared resistance and on stunning volume.

For the UK long watchlist tonight - KIBO.L, OMG.L (Stage 2A), HILS.L, ALY.L (Stage 2A last week), TERN.L (Stage 1), WIN.L

isatrader

This looks like a massive build up in volume. However, this one has gone a long way already, ENQ.L:

A few for the UK long watchlist - CHRT.L, DVO.L

And for the short watchlist - BMS.L, POS.L, AEN.L

isatrader