Stage Analysis Video Training Course

UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Page 114

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium)

(2014-12-10, 11:34 PM)pcabc Wrote: This looks like a massive build up in volume. However, this one has gone a long way already, ENQ.L:

A long way is an understatement. If you flip the chart and look at this like you would a Stage 2 stock, you'd think it was in the process of making a blow off top (see attached), as it's seriously extended (71%) from it's 10 week MA. Would you buy a Stage 2 stock at this point?

Heavy volume late in a parabolic down move like ENQ.L could be a sign of capitulation. Note the other energy stocks also in extreme Stage 4 declines that are also seeing heavy volume selling today. The energy short trade could be nearly over imo.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

For the long watchlist again today - PRG.L

And for the short watchlist - AGA.L, BGEO.L, POLR.L

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2014-12-11, 12:21 AM)isatrader Wrote: Heavy volume late in a parabolic down move like ENQ.L could be a sign of capitulation. Note the other energy stocks also in extreme Stage 4 declines that are also seeing heavy volume selling today. The energy short trade could be nearly over imo.

Interesting to see how this pans out. At some point I suppose there are only the most dogged buy and holders left, the ones that would rather wait it out no matter what.

For the long UK watchlist today - SVCA.L

And for the short watchlist - OPAY.L

isatrader

For the UK long watchlist today - JLF.L, IMG.L (Stage 1), ELTA.L, SDY.L, POLY.L (Stage 1)

isatrader

(2014-12-11, 10:29 PM)pcabc Wrote: Interesting to see how this pans out. At some point I suppose there are only the most dogged buy and holders left, the ones that would rather wait it out no matter what.

Here's a good example (although from the US market) of an energy stock with a similar chart that's now started rebounding, and has moved over 100% in two weeks. This is the kind of price action that I was warning about in the previous post, as when they are so far extended from their moving averages, you can get extreme corrections.

isatrader

Nothing particularly interesting for the UK watchlist tonight, but I did note a large amount of stocks that made pullbacks to their rising 10 week MAs, that then closed higher. So trader pullback entries might be a good place to look in the current climate.

isatrader

Two longs, BYG.L & GPOR.L. Disclosure, I already have a position in GPOR.L: