Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method
UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Printable Version

+- Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Board (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Main-Board)
+--- Forum: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis - Stock Charts, Technical Analysis, Learn to Trade, Stocks, ETF, NYSE, Nasdaq (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Stan-Weinstein-s-Stage-Analysis-Stock-Charts-Technical-Analysis-Learn-to-Trade-Stocks-ETF-NYSE-Nasdaq)
+--- Thread: UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion (/Thread-UK-Stocks-and-ETFs-Watchlist-and-Discussion)

UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - isatrader - 2014-01-07

This thread is for traders and investors of UK listed stocks, where they can share ideas, post trades that they are in, and have discussions etc, and I will be posting the UK specific watchlist charts in this thread from now on that I had been posting in the main watchlist threads.

Due to growing number of UK traders and investors on the Stage Analysis forum, I thought it was about time that you had their own separate thread to make it easier to find the charts and information that you are interested in, as the two main watchlist threads are growing quickly, and so this will help keep the site organised.

If you are unsure how to attach an image with your post see the How to attach an image to a post thread.

UK Investor method watchlist charts

Please share any charts that you have on your watchlist that are forming a Stage 1 base or moving into early Stage 2A, and also any charts of note that meet the investor method criteria below:
  1. Price Action - price above a flattening or rising 30 week moving average
  2. Relative Performance - strengthening and above the Mansfield Zero Line (Relative Performance 52 week MA)
  3. Volume - ideally two times the four week average or greater on the Stage 2A breakout week
  4. Support / Resistance - little or no heavy near term resistance.
For Stage 4A breakdowns the reverse of the above conditions should be true.

Not all charts will meet all of the criteria above, so don't be afraid to post any charts that only have some of the attributes, but don't have others, as they may develop in time. So please get involved.

The above chart is an edited example from Chart 3-1 on page 60 of the book and shows the ideal entry points for the investor method. The entry point marked with an "A" shows the breakout into early Stage 2A, and the entry point marked with an "B" shows the secondary lower risk entry point on the initial pullback within Stage 2A. To learn more about the investor method start by reading Chapter 3 in the book, and the various resources on the Stage Analysis forum.

UK Trader method watchlist charts

Please share any charts that you have on your watchlist that are already in Stage 2, making or close to making continuation breakouts, and also any charts of note that meet the any of the following trader method criteria below:
  1. Price Action - price above a rising 30 week moving average
  2. Relative Performance - above the Mansfield Zero Line (Relative Performance 52 week MA)
  3. Volume - ideally two times the four week average or greater on the Stage 2 continuation breakout week, or three times the average daily volume on the breakout day
For Stage 4 continuation breakdowns the reverse of the above conditions should be true.

The above chart is Chart 3-3 from page 62 of the book and shows the ideal entry point for the trader method. The entry point marked with an "A" shows a Stage 2 continuation move. To learn more about the trader method start by reading Chapter 3 in the book, and the various resources on the Stage Analysis forum.

Disclaimer: The charts posted in this thread are not recommendations to buy or sell, and are simply meant to highlight stocks that meet some or all of the criteria of Weinstein's method and might be worth doing more of your own research on.

UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - isatrader - 2014-01-07

This thread is for traders and investors of UK listed stocks, where they can share ideas, post trades that they are in, and have discussions etc, and I will be posting the UK specific watchlist charts in this thread from now on that I had been posting in the main watchlist threads.

Due to growing number of UK traders and investors on the Stage Analysis forum, I thought it was about time that you had their own separate thread to make it easier to find the charts and information that you are interested in, as the two main watchlist threads are growing quickly, and so this will help keep the site organised.

If you are unsure how to attach an image with your post see the How to attach an image to a post thread.

UK Investor method watchlist charts

Please share any charts that you have on your watchlist that are forming a Stage 1 base or moving into early Stage 2A, and also any charts of note that meet the investor method criteria below:
  1. Price Action - price above a flattening or rising 30 week moving average
  2. Relative Performance - strengthening and above the Mansfield Zero Line (Relative Performance 52 week MA)
  3. Volume - ideally two times the four week average or greater on the Stage 2A breakout week
For Stage 4A breakdowns the reverse of the above conditions should be true.

Not all charts will meet all of the criteria above, so don't be afraid to post any charts that only have some of the attributes, but don't have others, as they may develop in time. So please get involved.

The above chart is an edited example from Chart 3-1 on page 60 of the book and shows the ideal entry points for the investor method. The entry point marked with an "A" shows the breakout into early Stage 2A, and the entry point marked with an "B" shows the secondary lower risk entry point on the initial pullback within Stage 2A. To learn more about the investor method start by reading Chapter 3 in the book, and the various resources on the Stage Analysis forum.

UK Trader method watchlist charts

Please share any charts that you have on your watchlist that are already in Stage 2, making or close to making continuation breakouts, and also any charts of note that meet the any of the following trader method criteria below:
  1. Price Action - price above a rising 30 week moving average
  2. Relative Performance - above the Mansfield Zero Line (Relative Performance 52 week MA)
  3. Volume - ideally two times the four week average or greater on the Stage 2 continuation breakout week, or three times the average daily volume on the breakout day
For Stage 4 continuation breakdowns the reverse of the above conditions should be true.

The above chart is Chart 3-3 from page 62 of the book and shows the ideal entry point for the trader method. The entry point marked with an "A" shows a Stage 2 continuation move. To learn more about the trader method start by reading Chapter 3 in the book, and the various resources on the Stage Analysis forum.

Disclaimer: The charts posted in this thread are not recommendations to buy or sell, and are simply meant to highlight stocks that meet some or all of the criteria of Weinstein's method and might be worth doing more of your own research on.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - isatrader - 2014-01-07

I posted these charts last night in the other watchlist threads, so I thought I would duplicate them here to start with - ALU.L, TPT.L, WIN.L, BVS.L, PPC.L, CRAW.L

I posted these charts last night in the other watchlist threads, so I thought I would duplicate them here to start with - ALU.L, TPT.L, WIN.L, BVS.L, PPC.L, CRAW.L

Stocks for the investor watchlist - COP.L, CDI.L, FRO.L, GGP.L

Stocks for the investor watchlist - COP.L, CDI.L, FRO.L, GGP.L

Trader method watchlist - CMIP.L, NETD.L, ETQ.L, SIV.L, JFJ.L, SCPA.L, COMS.L, BKIR.L, MBT.L

Trader method watchlist - CMIP.L, NETD.L, ETQ.L, SIV.L, JFJ.L, SCPA.L, COMS.L, BKIR.L, MBT.L