Stage Analysis Video Training Course

UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Page 94

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium)

(2014-08-25, 04:35 PM)Tryst Wrote:
(2014-08-23, 06:59 PM)isatrader Wrote: For the UK watchlist - SKP.L

Another equity with a gap up above 52 week highs which doesn't look back.

Plan on coding this up as a screener - shouldn't be to difficult.

Interesting to see a pattern which Minervini discusses in his book, the shakeout on low volume prior to a continuation.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion

(2014-08-25, 05:17 PM)Tryst Wrote: Just drilling down into the FTSE350 sector, Industrial Metals & Mining and it looks like that there are only two equities in the FTSE350 that actually make up this sector - EVR and FXPO. This looks likely to be that this sector has been hammered so hard that the market caps of most of them have been decimated, thus forcing them out of the FTSE350.

I think the scoring towards this sector may be a bit skewed if it only factoring in two equities. EVR is looking like shaping up a nice stage 1 base. It could potentially form a inverted H&S pattern on the weekly or a cup with a handle pattern on the daily chart.

The Industrial Metals & Mining sector has been that only a few equities for a long time, so gets skewed in both directions. But the move up the table in the last few weeks is due to EVR.L which is developing a Stage 1 base. However, after a multi year decline, it's got a fair bit of near term resistance to work through before it's a better looking prospect for the methods requirements, and is also a long way below it's 30 month MA still.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
(This post was last modified: 2014-08-26, 02:49 AM by goodtyneguy.)

(2014-08-25, 04:48 PM)MalcolmSm1th Wrote: I've been looking at this one too and I am wondering what to make of the volume on the penultimate day and the day before that. Great volumes, but they're on down days which is giving me cause for pause.

I reckon that's the traders getting out who did not take profits at the last swing high. It did not break out higher after the consolidation perhaps as they expected then they saw it drop below the 50 dma and/or the trading range on the shake out. When it rallied back to the bottom of the trading range and obviously nearer to the previous swing high they decided to get out thinking it was going to drop further. The tight range of the daily dojis meant that there were still plenty of buyers to take up the selling. The fact that the stock leaped in price on Friday on much lower volume is evidence that there was very few sellers left in my opinion. It does not meet the methods volume requirements but it is a UK stock and it's gone too far now in my opinion. I'm not so sure that the sector is in alignment either.

(2014-08-25, 04:35 PM)Tryst Wrote: Another equity with a gap up above 52 week highs which doesn't look back.

If you're interested the advanced charts in IG Index - which is a watered down version of PRT's charting package have a "Top Movers" screen which include gaps up and down as a default setting. The advantage here over EOD PRT is they show real time data. You could of course always code a screener to include your 52 week high criteria etc. The down side is that there is no volume available if you wanted to include that and it is £30 per month but that gets refunded if you make four trades in a calender month.

Thanks ever so much for the replies. Plenty of food for thought here. I will watch the matket a little for when it opens shortly to see if there any clues at the start of the day.

Pam: "I wonder what my name means in Welsh"
Nessa: "Why?"

(2014-08-26, 02:29 AM)goodtyneguy Wrote:
(2014-08-25, 04:48 PM)MalcolmSm1th Wrote: I've been looking at this one too and I am wondering what to make of the volume on the penultimate day and the day before that. Great volumes, but they're on down days which is giving me cause for pause.

I reckon that's the traders getting out who did not take profits at the last swing high. It did not break out higher after the consolidation perhaps as they expected then they saw it drop below the 50 dma and/or the trading range on the shake out. When it rallied back to the bottom of the trading range and obviously nearer to the previous swing high they decided to get out thinking it was going to drop further. The tight range of the daily dojis meant that there were still plenty of buyers to take up the selling. The fact that the stock leaped in price on Friday on much lower volume is evidence that there was very few sellers left in my opinion. It does not meet the methods volume requirements but it is a UK stock and it's gone too far now in my opinion. I'm not so sure that the sector is in alignment either.

(2014-08-25, 04:35 PM)Tryst Wrote: Another equity with a gap up above 52 week highs which doesn't look back.

If you're interested the advanced charts in IG Index - which is a watered down version of PRT's charting package have a "Top Movers" screen which include gaps up and down as a default setting. The advantage here over EOD PRT is they show real time data. You could of course always code a screener to include your 52 week high criteria etc. The down side is that there is no volume available if you wanted to include that and it is £30 per month but that gets refunded if you make four trades in a calender month.

Thanks. I am aware of the IG charts and know the volume is not there as I also had a friend to try to sell it to me not so long ago.

I have noticed the GAP screener when using Prorealtime on my phone/ipad.

I don't think it will be too hard to achieve...just need some me time in front of the PC.

i

For the UK watchlist tonight - CPP.L (I've included the monthly chart also), CNR.L, VLK.L

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion

Equity investments breaking out...
the sector looks identical to the FTSE and has finally broken out of resistance. Is this a sign for the FTSE i wonder..
FRCL looks the leader of the bunch with quite a few looking like opportunities

CGH on the watchlist tonight again, as it's had a strong rebound from breakout support and is now close to the top of it's near term resistance. So watch for a potential attempt at it's first Stage 2 continuation. I've also attached the monthly chart, as if it does successfully make the continuation attempt then it would also move into Stage 1A on the monthly chart.

isatrader