Stage Analysis Video Training Course

UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Page 93

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium)

(2014-08-21, 10:26 PM)Tryst Wrote: Here is what looks to be in a stage 1, and for a very long time (for the best part of 2 and a half years). It looks to be brewing up an attempt to breakout into a stage 2A.

Again, this is a diamond equity and they are doing quite strongly at the moment.

This is an interesting one Tryst, and looks to have some potential. If you switch to the log chart scale, you will see that it actually broke out into early Stage 2A in September 2013 (Monthly moved into Stage 1A at the same time). But it was a very weak breakout due to a huge 100%+ move in the right hand side of the base, straight off of it's low on only slightly better than average volume.

When the Stage 2A breakout level is so extended, we often see a huge pullback before it can get clear of the breakout zone, which happened with this one. But it still remained the Stage 2A breakout level, and note the contraction in volatility since though with a cup and handle pattern forming over the last year, and so might now be ready for a cleaner Stage 2 breakout to new highs from a proper consolidation, which would also coincide with a monthly Stage 2A breakout. So definitely one to watch imo to see if that all important volume finds it if it makes a continuation attempt.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2014-08-21, 11:24 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2014-08-21, 10:26 PM)Tryst Wrote: Here is what looks to be in a stage 1, and for a very long time (for the best part of 2 and a half years). It looks to be brewing up an attempt to breakout into a stage 2A.

Again, this is a diamond equity and they are doing quite strongly at the moment.

This is an interesting one Tryst, and looks to have some potential. If you switch to the log chart scale, you will see that it actually broke out into early Stage 2A in September 2013 (Monthly moved into Stage 1A at the same time). But it was a very weak breakout due to a huge 100%+ move in the right hand side of the base, straight off of it's low on only slightly better than average volume.

When the Stage 2A breakout level is so extended, we often see a huge pullback before it can get clear of the breakout zone, which happened with this one. But it still remained the Stage 2A breakout level, and note the contraction in volatility since though with a cup and handle pattern forming over the last year, and so might now be ready for a cleaner Stage 2 breakout to new highs from a proper consolidation, which would also coincide with a monthly Stage 2A breakout. So definitely one to watch imo to see if that all important volume finds it if it makes a continuation attempt.

Thanks for the additional comments. Agreed, this could be about to make a big move. To be watched closely.

For the UK watchlist - SKP.L

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

UK FTSE 350 Sectors Relative Performance

Attached is the Relative performance tables for the UK FTSE 350 Sectors.

To see the individual stocks in each sector go to: http://www.londonstockexchange.com/excha...r=&page=10 and use the drop down menu.

FTSE 350 Sectors - Ordered by Overall RS Score

FTSE 350 Sectors - Ordered by Weekly Change

FTSE 350 Sectors - Ordered by Monthly Change

As a reminder, the daily UK watchlist picks can now be found in the Elite Members section of the site. To become an Elite Member please join via the one fee on the front page of the forum here: Premium Services

isatrader

(2014-08-23, 06:59 PM)isatrader Wrote: For the UK watchlist - SKP.L

Another equity with a gap up above 52 week highs which doesn't look back.

Plan on coding this up as a screener - shouldn't be to difficult.

I've been looking at this one too and I am wondering what to make of the volume on the penultimate day and the day before that. Great volumes, but they're on down days which is giving me cause for pause.

It's on my watch list for tomorrow and then I may go in with a small stake as the EMS is rather low at £4.2k. Others, by the way on my shortlist are Vodaphone (VOD), Essentia (ESNT), Rentokil (RTO) and HSBC (HSBA).

Pam: "I wonder what my name means in Welsh"
Nessa: "Why?"

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion

Thanks for for the UK sectors RS scores, Isatrader.

Just drilling down into the FTSE350 sector, Industrial Metals & Mining and it looks like that there are only two equities in the FTSE350 that actually make up this sector - EVR and FXPO. This looks likely to be that this sector has been hammered so hard that the market caps of most of them have been decimated, thus forcing them out of the FTSE350.

I think the scoring towards this sector may be a bit skewed if it only factoring in two equities. EVR is looking like shaping up a nice stage 1 base. It could potentially form a inverted H&S pattern on the weekly or a cup with a handle pattern on the daily chart.

(2014-08-25, 04:48 PM)MalcolmSm1th Wrote: I've been looking at this one too and I am wondering what to make of the volume on the penultimate day and the day before that. Great volumes, but they're on down days which is giving me cause for pause.

I would be more concerned if there was a larger body on the candles that accompany the down days with large volumes. Those doji like candles on high volume could signify confusion and or distribution, and certainly don't signify a massive sell off. Its last three large volume down day candles are pretty much identical.