Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 230

(This post was last modified: 2016-02-16, 01:45 AM by pcabc.)

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis

Error in my calculated breadth charts

I've noticed that I have had strange data in my breadth charts with the advance / decline line and advancing / declining volume ratio. This counts for my UK and gold charts. Can't spot what is causing it. Susect easiest to produce some fresh code. Will stop posting them for a while. However, these recalculated charts are worth a look for a comparison with my charts of a few days ago. Just as well that I put a health warning on these charts.

Percentage of Stocks above their 50 Day Moving Averages status changes

The short term moving average breadth charts made some positive moves today, with the S&P 500 and DOW 50 day moving average breadth charts moving to bull confirmed status, and the NYSE and Nasdaq making positive moves as well, but from weaker positions. So we could be in for another short term bounce possibly.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Effective Volume Charts - $SPY $QQQ $IWM

A breadth measure I haven't shown for a long while is the Effective Volume charts that can be found at: http://www.effectivevolume.com/content.p...etf-review

Here's what the site says about how to interpret them:

"The Effective Volume analysis on ETF may not be interpreted the same way as it is done for stocks. Indeed, it is not because large players buy for of a given ETF that its value is due to increase.

The value of an ETF is mainly dependent on the value of the underlying index it is tracking. Therefore, usually, the Effective Volume analysis will closely follow the price trend of the ETF. When they diverge, it means that large players are entering into speculation regarding to the future direction of the ETF.

It does not mean that they are correct in their speculation. Large players may just be entering hedges against other positions that may have been taken."

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

NYSE Bullish Percent Index - Bull Confirmed Status

The improvement in the market breadth continued yesterday with the NYSE long and medium term key breadth measures both having double top breakouts. These are the key breadth measures that I follow. And their positions suggest that we've put in a significant low.

The NYSE Bullish Percent Index

The head coach went to Bull Confirmed status with it's strongest signal from the lower zone above the 30% level. So risk is back on in the long term indicator.

NYSE Percentage of Stocks above their 150 Day Moving Averages P&F charts

The other key measure had a breakout, but is still in the lower zone, and so moves to Bull Alert status until it closes above the 30% level, which would then move it to Bull Confirmed if it does.

isatrader

Hi.

Sorry for posting this here but I have nowhere else to post it. I attempted to start my own thread in the 'Members' section and received the following message. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not.

Thanks, W.

Quote:You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons: 1.Are you trying to access pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? i.e. content in the Elite Board can only be viewed by premium members only.
2.Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
3.Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
4.You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.

(2016-02-21, 01:57 AM)wpeters Wrote: Hi.

Sorry for posting this here but I have nowhere else to post it. I attempted to start my own thread in the 'Members' section and received the following message. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not.

Thanks, W.

The permissions had got a bit mixed up, from when I rearranged the board. So give it another try now.

isatrader

Market breadth

Updated charts.

US:

UK:

Gold:

Note that I calculate the market breadth myself for the FTSE350 and an arbitary selection of gold miners. Following concerns I had earlier in the week I've re-written the code. Caveats apply, no guarantees that it is correct. The re-write did not go as smothly as expected as I was tripped up by null values at one point.

Major US Stock Indexes Update - NYSE, Nasdaq, S&P 500

Here's the weekly charts for the NYSE, Nasdaq and S&P 500 with the Bullish Percent and Moving Average breadth indicators for a quick breadth overview, as I'm short on time again.

isatrader