Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 229

S&P 1500 Cumulative P&F Breakouts - Breakdowns charts

Attached is the up to date S&P 1500 Cumulative P&F Breakouts - Breakdowns charts

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

NYSE & Nasdaq Market Breadth Update

For speed purposes tonight here's the consolidated breadth charts for the NYSE and Nasdaq bullish percent and moving average breadth indicators, to give a snapshot view of the current stage of each market.

And below is the 10 year charts of both markets so you can compare the relative positions of the breadth indicators.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
(This post was last modified: 2016-02-10, 12:37 AM by pcabc.)

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis

Mining stocks.

I've noticed on my breadth chart of European miners versus an arbitrary set of mining stocks shows a bullish divergence on the advancing / declining volume ratio.

If mining stocks recover not sure we should go against the general market trend (No!) but it is interesting nevertheless.

Mid week market breadth

US:

UK:
My calculations

Gold:
My calculation

Bit puzzled by the sharply dropping advance / decline and advancing / declining volume ratio verus the peak in gold / gold miners. I wonder if there are a significant minority of breaking out stocks versus a larger number of laggards? Still, on the advancing / declining volume ratio we've not yet made a new low.

End of week market breadth

US:

UK:
My calculations.

Gold:
My calculations:

The advance/decline line is shooting downwards but I do recall the book stating this is normal at the end of a decline. The adv/dec volume ratio, which I previously stated had diverged, is shooting down again. I'd hope that gold / gold miners have not been a flash in the pan.

Gold monthly chart - Pounds

Gold priced in Pounds is attempting to make a monthly Stage 2A breakout and is currently at top of a massive two year base and back above it’s 30 month MA.

Relative performance vs the S&P 500 is back above it’s zero line for first time in four years.

isatrader

(2016-02-13, 02:42 PM)isatrader Wrote: Gold priced in Pounds is attempting to make a monthly Stage 2A breakout and is currently at top of a massive two year base and back above it’s 30 month MA.

Relative performance vs the S&P 500 is back above it’s zero line for first time in four years.

Hopefully this rebuts my observations about gold miner market breadth. I do sometimes wonder if there is an issue with my code. However, my FTSE350 charts seem to match the ones you post for the wider UK market with some expected variations.

NYSE & Nasdaq Market Breadth Update

Here's the weekly charts for the NYSE, Nasdaq and S&P 500 with the bullish percent and moving average breadth indicators for a quick breadth overview, which is still in the lower end of the scale for virtually all the measures.

isatrader