Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 226

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis

I've made a number of changes to the forum structure tonight, to try and simplify the huge amount of content on the site into less threads, which I hope will make it easier for users of the site to find the content that they are interested in. As for example there is now only one US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion thread, and one UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion thread, and the Market Breadth threads have been merged into this thread, and all of the threads have been moved into the main board to make them easier to explore.

Let me know if anyone has any problems.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

ChartMill have added a screener that attempts to identify the major 4 Stages. http://www.chartmill.com/documentation.p...rtmill&o=5

The Weinstein Stage 1 Setups screen http://www.chartmill.com/stockscreener.p...&ip2=&ip3= throws up some intesting results, but looking through the charts with the stages highlighted it looks as though the indicator has similar issues as most other automated attempts at identifying the stages, in that it's only occasionally correct. But the Stage 1 Setups screen could still be useful as another tool to find potential setups, it will just require manual work as always to filter the results.

As older members know. I came up with a simple scoring system a few years back to help identify the stages using data gathered from Weinstein's Global Trend Alert newsletters. Basically there are 9 criteria which get given a score of 1 or 0 for each item based on whether it's true or false. So if a screener like chartmill could automate this into their system then it would make identifying the stages much easier, as for example people looking for stocks in Stages 1B, Stage 2A or Stage 2, would only be interested in the higher SATA scores, as the data shows that on average they have SATA scores of 7 or above.

StageAnalysis Technical Attributes - SATA

1. 10 Week Simple MA Rising
  2. 30 Week Weighted MA Rising
  3. 30 Week Simple MA Rising
  4. 52 Week Mansfield Relative Performance above Zero Line
  5. Relative Performance 30 Week Weighted Moving Average Rising
  6. Force Index Cumulative Volume above 9 Week MA (on a buy signal)
  7. Force Index Cumulative Volume 9 Week MA Rising
  8. Weekly MACD above Zero
  9. Price Greater than the Kijun Line (part of the "Ichimoku Kinko Hyo" method, which focuses on dynamic support and resistance zones.)

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Hi everyone,

I'm building a Stage Analysis Screening tool at screener.nextbigtrade.com. I use my own proprietary formula to come up with the stages for each individual stock. I include UK stocks in my analysis. If you have any feedback on the tool or questions feel free to contact me, the plan is to grow the features over time.

screener.nextbigtrade.com

Market breadth:

US

UK

The big question is does the US market take out its Aug lows or do we bounce from here? MACD is curling up, but not confirmed short term buy yet. Would love to see the DOW hit new lows like the FTSE.

Major US Stock Indexes Update - NYSE, Nasdaq, S&P 500, Mid Caps and Small Caps

Attached is the updated US equity index charts.

US Stock Indexes

isatrader

(2016-01-23, 03:45 PM)shaunattwood Wrote: The big question is does the US market take out its Aug lows or do we bounce from here? MACD is curling up, but not confirmed short term buy yet. Would love to see the DOW hit new lows like the FTSE.

I don't think the 30 DOW stocks are representative of the US market, which is why I show the NYSE, Nasdaq and more specific indexes within them like the S&P 500, Mid cap and small caps - as covers 5000 or so US stocks including the Dow stocks.

The large caps might still be testing the august lows, but the majority of the US indexes are below it already, as can be seen on the previous post above.

Looks like we are getting a recovery bounce beginning, but none of the breadth charts I follow have given any short term buy signals yet. So is very weak so far.

isatrader

Nasdaq Market Breadth Update

The Nasdaq Bullish Percent Index

Nasdaq Percentage of Stocks above their 200 Day, 150 Day and 50 Day Moving Averages P&F charts

Nasdaq Percentage of Stocks above their 200 Day, 150 Day and 50 Day Moving Averages line charts

Nasdaq Advance Decline Line

Nasdaq New Highs New Lows

isatrader