Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 55

RE: Market Breadth Update

Not liking this chart. Broken trend line, backtest at 2 resistance points, and non-confirmation of our new highs!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

US Sub Sector Relative Strength

Attached is the relative strength lists of the US sub sectors that are listed on chartmill.com

I've created a spreadsheet to start tracking the weekly changes in the US sub sectors by the relative strength change, and have attached the top 50 and bottom 50 lists ordered by change and by the overall relative strength of the groups.

I've also attached the spreadsheet itself so you can see all of the sectors changes.

As I've mentioned before, these sectors are Chartmill's own categorisation, so they don't necessarily all match the Dow Jones US sub sectors, as they've divided them into more sectors than the Dow Jones Indexes have. However, to see the components of each sector go to: http://www.chartmill.com/sectorrankings....1&t=C2&s=0 and click on the name of the sector. To order the list by the Average Relative Strength of each sector you need to select the drop down menu called "Order by" and select Average Relative Strength (DESC).

US Sub Sectors - Top and Bottom 50 (Ordered by Average Relative Strength in the group)

As you can see Gaming Activities remains the strongest group overall currently although it had a negative week, whereas the Gold sector is still the weakest group but had a slightly positive week.

US Sub Sectors - Top and Bottom 50 (Ordered by Change in the group)

Business Equipment was this weeks biggest riser followed closely by Sporting Activities, Railroads and Steel & Iron. Whereas the biggest fallers were Medical Laboratories & Research, Long Distance Carriers, Industrial Equipment Wholesale and Health Care Plans.

Attached Files
.xls   US_Sub_Sectors_20_9_13.xls (Size: 69 KB / Downloads: 332)
isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Major Stock Indexes Update

Attached is the updated major equity index charts and relative performance table.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3217]

US Stock Indexes

European Stock Indexes

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Commodities Update and the Dollar Index

Attached is the updated major commodities charts, Gold (GC), Copper (HG), West Texas Intermediate Crude (CL) and the Dollar Index (DX).

Copper (HG) continues to improve adding 2 to it's technical attributes score this week and is now a 5 out of 9 score, and so I'd rate it as in normal Stage 1 now. Gold's (GC) technical attributes score also improved 1 point to a score of 3 out 9 and so I'd rate it as in Stage 4B- currently. Crude Oil (CL) dropped two points from it's technical attributes score and now has a 7 out of 9 score and is still in Stage 2. Finally the Dollar Index (DX) which lost another point from it's technical attributes score this week and now has a zero out of 9 score and moved into Stage 4A on Wednesday.

isatrader

US 10 & 30 Year Treasuries

Attached is the updated US 10 & 30 Year Treasuries charts.

isatrader

(This post was last modified: 2013-09-21, 03:52 PM by gbarbs.)

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis

isa - over what time period does it use to rank them? is it a year?

i have not used these charts yet but am peeking this morning. it is nice to see an overall picture in one place. i noticed the REIT's performed well recently, but I know many of those charts look like they are turning into stage 4. so i went through them again to find a good short on a pullback and safer entry. Here's a handful I'm going to look at. I had screened this group before and posted on the trader watchlist, but am going to look again - maybe some have pulled back to safer entry points recently.

STAG, SPG, SKT, WRI, UBP, WY, PPS

by the way - this was a response to the relative performance charts....

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis

(2013-09-21, 03:51 PM)gbarbs Wrote: isa - over what time period does it use to rank them? is it a year?

i have not used these charts yet but am peeking this morning. it is nice to see an overall picture in one place. i noticed the REIT's performed well recently, but I know many of those charts look like they are turning into stage 4. so i went through them again to find a good short on a pullback and safer entry. Here's a handful I'm going to look at. I had screened this group before and posted on the trader watchlist, but am going to look again - maybe some have pulled back to safer entry points recently.

STAG, SPG, SKT, WRI, UBP, WY, PPS

by the way - this was a response to the relative performance charts....

It's measured over the last year, but they use a calculation that divides the year into four quarters and gives more weighting to the current quarter. For a complete explanation got to: http://www.chartmill.com/documentation.p...20Strength and see the bottom section titled "Relative Strength by Ranking"

isatrader

S&P 500 Cumulative P&F Breakouts - Breakdowns

Attached is the exclusive S&P 500 Cumulative P&F Breakouts - Breakdowns charts.

There was 68 breakouts and 2 breakdowns this week.

isatrader