Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 418

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis

US Sectors, momentum:

RE: Stan Weinstein's The Heretics of Finance Interview Excerpt

Weinstein places too much faith in stops imo. For ex, stock opens WELL below your stop. Your stop is triggered and takes you out of the stock, but at a much lower price than what the stop was set at. This scenario is not uncommon and often occurs in some volatile sectors dependant on news, such as biotech. How do we mitigate that risk?

To be honest, no system can deal with gaps in the opening price. As you say, it's more likely to happen in volatile stocks so you can avoid them. The other option is to use Guaranteed Stops if available.

(2021-04-06, 09:32 AM)Sartois Wrote: To be honest, no system can deal with gaps in the opening price. As you say, it's more likely to happen in volatile stocks so you can avoid them. The other option is to use Guaranteed Stops if available.

Also worth noting that when the market is really volatile all the stocks tend to act this way, as do the funds.  I think its a matter of ensuring that the market breadth is strongly in your favor.

Market sector breadth overview:

Breadth still seems to be fluctuating up and down, its up at this snapshot, as per past weekend.  I note the Us indicies at all time highs.  I'm not seeing the high numbers of breakouts on strong volume though when I run my screener.  At this moment US sectors are weaker.

Major indices:

US:

UK:

Commodities:

Miscellaneous:

US sectors:

Breadth overview

Major indices:

US Sectors:

UK Sectors: