Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 420

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis

S&P500 versus Russell 3000 breadth:

Not sure if it is significant, but the % stocks above their 50 day EMA is now below 50%.

Breadth overview

All of these are looking rather weak on my scoring system as medium term breadth has weakend significantly and long term may be starting to drop.  The 'DANGER' alerts are part of a system where it looks at a number of parameters including whether the Weinstein momentum is falling versus its SMA, new-highs - new lows is dropping and a few other things.  Not much is looking good.

Major indices

US sectors

UK sectors

Commodities
An etc., as I've added crypto.

Miscellaneous

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 2021-05-22, 10:19 AM by pcabc.)

Various breadth charts

As always, these are not perfect as I have calculated them myself and I don't regularly update lists of constituents, some may be missing, some extra, some in error.

US:
Medium term breadth has dropped.  Noting my observation a while back about the % stocks abover their 50 day EMA, it is back up above 50% but it does look like there is a downtrend.

UK:
The breadth data for these three charts is broadly the same.  However, I thought it worthwhile to plot all three as this shows the differences between the FTSE100, FTSE250 and AIM100.

XETRA:

Gold & Silver:
As well as gold prices moving up my breadth scores for the medium and long term are increasing.  

Commodities:
The commodities index is all commodities.  However, inb my breadth data I've tried to separate out precious metals and oil and gas producers owing to separate charts.

Crypto:

US sectors:

(This post was last modified: 2021-05-29, 11:32 AM by pcabc. Edit Reason: typo )

Sector overview

This is one of the times when I wonder whether the overview I am posting is really representative?  The breadth data has been quite pessimistic all week but this seems to have changed significantly with Friday's data.  Compared to a few days ago the major indicies data is a lot more posative.  The UK and US sector charts are also stronger - but do overal show some more pessimism.

My 'DANGER' indicators somewhat independent of the green/grey/yellow/red 'traffic light' system as they are not an aggregate scoring from a number of time periods but rather relate to a number of properties of the breadth curves such as the slope of an average or new highs minus new lows, MAs of Weinstein's momentum etc.  So these danger signals can come and go quite rapidly.

Gold and silver have strengthened.  I've two entries fr crypto currency at present, one based on my small pool of cryptos and a the other based (broadly) on a larger pool from Isatrader - I'll likely delete the former and keep the latter.

Major indices:

US Sectors:

UK Sectors:

Commodities:

Miscellaneous:

(This post was last modified: 2021-05-29, 11:41 AM by pcabc.)

A few breadth charts

Indices:

Precious metals:

Others:

US Sectors:

Breadth overview

Breadth looks more positive than it did mid week.  I wonder if there is perhaps an artifact of how I am calculating breadth.  However, if so I would only except this to affect results if a number of items under consideration are on the cusp of flipping between higher and lower scores. However, unless I build in measures, such as hysteresis, I can expect that my scoring system to be somewhat volatile if breadth scores are mixed, as they are now.

Major indices:

US Sectors:

UK Sectors:

Commodities:

Miscellaneous: