Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis - Page 419

RE: Stan Weinstein's The Heretics of Finance Interview Excerpt

(2021-03-24, 11:56 PM)isatrader Wrote: Quote from Stan Weinstein from "The Heretics of Finance" book on how he staggers his exits at the 50 day, 150 day and 200 day MAs.

Read the whole interview here: https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Thre...0#pid12200

Slightly confused by Stan's guidance here for the investor approach. 

Normally you would place the Sell trigger below the last significant pullback's 150 Day MA. So do you think he is recommending this just for the Trading method? 

If applied to the Investor method would we place each of these sell thresholds at the last significant pullback or literally sell when it crosses the 50, 150, and 200 day MA and ignore his previous Investor selling rules?

RE: Stan Weinstein's The Heretics of Finance Interview Excerpt

(2021-04-21, 01:42 PM)Marknyc Wrote: Slightly confused by Stan's guidance here for the investor approach. 

Normally you would place the Sell trigger below the last significant pullback's 150 Day MA. So do you think he is recommending this just for the Trading method? 

If applied to the Investor method would we place each of these sell thresholds at the last significant pullback or literally sell when it crosses the 50, 150, and 200 day MA and ignore his previous Investor selling rules?

The interview was 20 years after the original book, so I think it suggests that he modified his sell rules over time from what was in the original book. And yes, this would be for the investor method, as in the trader method you are going to exit mostly at the 50 day MA breakdown.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis and Market Breadth - Technical Analysis

Breadth overview

Things seem still to be rather copy with the my breadth scoring of the major indicies and UK and US sectors continuosly strengthening and weakening.  I note the pattern in Isatrader's breakouts versus breakdown charts.  I assume that things might be a bit less choppy when that pattern breaks one way or the other.
https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Thre...6#pid17616

Major indices:

US sectors:

UK sectors:

Commodities:

Miscellaneous:

US sectors:

(2021-04-24, 04:01 PM)pcabc Wrote: Breadth overview

Thanks pcabc

Interesting as always, please keep up the good work!

(2021-04-25, 09:41 AM)Boggers Wrote:
(2021-04-24, 04:01 PM)pcabc Wrote: Breadth overview

Thanks pcabc

Interesting as always, please keep up the good work!
Thanks.  I do it for myself but share it if it might be useful.

Sector breadth overview

Note, there are many 'DANGER!' indicators present.  This is a filter which looks at various parameters such as whether the advance decline line makes a new high when the price does not, the relationships between moving averages of the Weinstein Momentum, the direction of the slope of an average of new highs minus new lows etc.  This filter was tuned in an ad-hoc manner against the S&P500 and NYSE breadth data against the 1987 crash whilst trying to minimize false positives.  Other drops have had more foreshadowing in the data than the 1987 one.  Whether this system is still appropriate since I now calculate my own breadth data against (approximately) the Russell 3000 or whether it is appropriate against other markets is a matter that would take a lot of work to fully understand.  However, it is still a good pointer to declines in breadth across a number of indicators.

Major indices:

US:

UK:

Commodities:

Miscellaneous:

US Sectors: