Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Crypto Currencies - Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, Cardano & more - Page 4

Bitcoin - Stage 3

Bitcoin has moved into early Stage 3 on the weekly chart this week with a sharp change of behaviour. On the shorter term daily chart it entered a daily Stage 4A decline which I highlighted on the twitter feed during the week, after it failed to bounce / hold support at the bottom of the range. 

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Ethereum - Stage 3

Ethereum with a change of behaviour this week along with the majority of crypto currencies.

Moving into early Stage 3 on the weekly chart.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

RE: Ethereum - Stage 3

(2021-05-23, 03:32 PM)isatrader Wrote: Ethereum with a change of behaviour this week along with the majority of crypto currencies.

Moving into early Stage 3 on the weekly chart.

Looking at my breadth chart:
https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Thre...1#pid17741

The most noticable thing is the drop in % of crypto-currencies below their 50 day EMAs, it has dropped below 30.

(2021-05-23, 04:25 PM)pcabc Wrote: Looking at my breadth chart:

The most noticable thing is the drop in % of crypto-currencies below their 50 day EMAs, it has dropped below 30.

Percentage of Crypto Currencies above their key MAs

% above 20 day MA: 3.36%
% above 50 day MA: 7.38%
% above 150 day MA: 44.12%
% above 200 day MA: 73.28%

isatrader

(2021-05-23, 04:30 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2021-05-23, 04:25 PM)pcabc Wrote: Looking at my breadth chart:

Percentage of Crypto Currencies above their key MAs

% above 20 day MA: 3.36%
% above 50 day MA: 7.38%
% above 150 day MA: 44.12%
% above 200 day MA: 73.28%

My numbers are more optamistic than yours, but then we are likely using a differnt pool of cryptos in the calculations.

(2021-05-23, 04:57 PM)pcabc Wrote: My numbers are more optamistic than yours, but then we are likely using a differnt pool of cryptos in the calculations.

I use the 149 listed on stockcharts for my pool. See attached.

Attached Files
.csv   crypto-on-stockcharts.csv (Size: 9.73 KB / Downloads: 301)
isatrader

(2021-05-23, 05:14 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2021-05-23, 04:57 PM)pcabc Wrote: My numbers are more optamistic than yours, but then we are likely using a differnt pool of cryptos in the calculations.

I'll have to look so see if there are differenced based on calculations using that list.  However, I think the issue is resolved, I suspect it was a timing issue with my data a day behind yours (I calculate my breadth overnight), as the percentages of stocks above the 50 day and 200 day EMA has dropped drastically:

(2021-05-23, 05:14 PM)isatrader Wrote:

It looks like I cannot 100% replicate that list as I don't have data for all.  However, past experience shows that a few missing stocks don't affect the output breadth data significantly.  I'm just downloading any data for which I have gaps.