Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Crypto Currencies - Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, Cardano & more - Page 3

Crypto pension - added $DOGE.X

I have added $DOGE.X for this months addition to my crypto pension fund.

Portfolio weights:
#Ethereum: 35%
#Ripple: 28%
#Bitcoin: 21%
#Dogecoin: 10%
#Litecoin: 3%
#BitcoinCash: 3%

This is a long term buy and hold portfolio and I add monthly based mostly on relative strength over the previous month

To see the start of the portfolio from February 2021, go to twitter: https://twitter.com/stageanalysis/status...78338?s=20

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

RE: Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, Cardano

(2021-05-10, 10:10 AM)coadyp Wrote: I invested some change in Cardano around two weeks ago after reading the book from cover to cover with a prior interest in crypto. Do you think Stan Weinstein's approach is still relevant to the crypto market considering the volatility? From what I understand so far, Cardano doesnt look like it will be stopping anytime soon and I am thinking of rebuying to ride it out.

As long as you adjust for the volatility then its no different to trading stocks, and if you use the investor method then the stop loss is mostly a disaster stop that lives below the 30 week MA for most of the Stage 2 advance, so would work just the same. Short term trading is a different story though, as you'll need to adapt to the volatility. Personally I found using the method on the 2 hour and the 4 hour timeframes with the standard settings as per the weekly chart works well with Crypto for short term trades.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

AAVE, SUSHI, ALPHA, KSM

$AAVE.X Stage 2 continuation breakout attempt

$SUSHI.X attempting to break above the recent high in the base and +1x ATR level on strong relative volume

$ALPHA.X attempting to make a Stage 2 continuation breakout

$KSM.X breaking above the recent high and +1x ATR level

isatrader

RE: Crypto pension - added $DOGE.X

(2021-05-10, 12:45 PM)isatrader Wrote: I have added $DOGE.X for this months addition to my crypto pension fund.

Portfolio weights:
#Ethereum: 35%
#Ripple: 28%
#Bitcoin: 21%
#Dogecoin: 10%
#Litecoin: 3%
#BitcoinCash: 3%

This is a long term buy and hold portfolio and I add monthly based mostly on relative strength over the previous month

To see the start of the portfolio from February 2021, go to twitter: https://twitter.com/stageanalysis/status...78338?s=20

I really should pay more attention as the concept of allocation i've been struggling with in my own funds. although i dont have any crypto positions, im curious to your portfolio weights.
i can undertsand how you have set up your initial weights, however i wonder do you review these weights at all? and how often?
and if you do review, do you do it in the same manner, so if Ripple for example were to begin leading the pack, would you reduce your positions in bitcoin/dogecoin for example to take advantage of its strength?

(2021-05-17, 02:18 PM)malaguti Wrote: I really should pay more attention as the concept of allocation i've been struggling with in my own funds. although i dont have any crypto positions, im curious to your portfolio weights.
i can undertsand how you have set up your initial weights, however i wonder do you review these weights at all? and how often?
and if you do review, do you do it in the same manner, so if Ripple for example were to begin leading the pack, would you reduce your positions in bitcoin/dogecoin for example to take advantage of its strength?

It's a fairly simple strategy, in that I'm trying to only stick to the major coins for now. Planning to add Cardano into the mix too at some point.

Basically, each month I add funds to the account like contributing to a traditional pension, and depending on which of the coins has had the strongest RS over the prior month, then I'll add the funds to that one.

That's it. So ignoring the technicals. Is purely RS driven.

isatrader

(2021-05-17, 02:51 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2021-05-17, 02:18 PM)malaguti Wrote: I really should pay more attention as the concept of allocation i've been struggling with in my own funds. although i dont have any crypto positions, im curious to your portfolio weights.

It's a fairly simple strategy, in that I'm trying to only stick to the major coins for now. Planning to add Cardano into the mix too at some point.

Basically, each month I add funds to the account like contributing to a traditional pension, and depending on which of the coins has had the strongest RS over the prior month, then I'll add the funds to that one.

That's it. So ignoring the technicals. Is purely RS driven.

i've got you, so you don't "rebalance" as it were, its done only on the introduction of new funds. thanks ISA

(2021-05-17, 02:55 PM)malaguti Wrote: i've got you, so you don't "rebalance" as it were, its done only on the introduction of new funds. thanks ISA

Yep, not planning on selling anything until the end of Bitcoins Stage 2 advance. So just accumulating for now.

isatrader

RE: Crypto Currencies - Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, Cardano & more

Very thankful I learned about stop limits from the book last week. I escaped with healthy profits in etc, btc and ada when they were triggered overnight.