Stage Analysis Video Training Course

Crypto Currencies - Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, Cardano & more - Page 1

Crypto Currencies - Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, Cardano & more

This thread will focus on Crypto Currencies with a focus on the majors like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, Cardano etc. But will also look smaller less well know coins as well.

I will use a combination of Stage Analysis and Wyckoff methods mostly, but not exclusively, as there are many different ways to approach it. But the Wyckoff / Stage Analysis combination focuses solely on price, volume and relative strength. So compliment each other very well. As the Wyckoff method looks in detail at the price / volume structure of bases and breaks it down into Phases (A, B, C, D and E), and Stage Analysis focuses on the bigger four Stages (1, 2, 3 and 4). So the Wyckoff method is especially useful when studying the Stage 1 and Stage 3 bases and gives additional entry points within the later part of the base structures once they reach Phase C. And is also useful in determining whether a developing base in Stage 2 is a re-accumulation base or if in Stage 4 whether the base is a re-distribution base.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

RE: Crypto Currencies Stage Analysis

$XRPUSD Ripple 4 hour chart - Really tight price action. Potential for a continuation breakout attempt

$CRVUSD has recovered the 50 day MA following the strong shakeout a few weeks back. Potential for continuation breakout attempt.

$1INCHUSD above the shakeout bars again and building an initial base. Potential for a breakout attempt

$AAVEUSD making a continuation breakout attempt from the recent base

$ADAUSD Cardano - potential for a continuation breakout attempt

$ALPHAUSD strongest weekly bar in the three month base. Potential for a continuation breakout attempt

$ATOMUSD consolidating above the key MAs in potential phase C of the base structure. Potential for continuation breakout attempt

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

$AVAXUSD regained the 50 day MA, and backing up over the weekend.

$BALUSD potential for a Stage 2 continuation breakout attempt to new highs

isatrader

$BANDUSD Band Protocol - potential for a Stage 2 continuation breakout attempt

#cryptocurrency #Crypto

isatrader

RE: Crypto Currencies - Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, Cardano & more

(2021-05-01, 07:53 PM)isatrader Wrote: This thread will focus on Crypto Currencies with a focus on the majors like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, Cardano etc. But will also look smaller less well know coins as well.

Do you curate a list of cryptos yourself?  My data provider lists over 2000 items against cryptos, but some have very poor data, I assume they are obscure, and some seem to mirror major stocks such as Amazon, Microsoft etc.  Not sure that stats on such a pool would be so useful.

(2021-05-05, 04:01 PM)pcabc Wrote: Do you curate a list of cryptos yourself?  My data provider lists over 2000 items against cryptos, but some have very poor data, I assume they are obscure, and some seem to mirror major stocks such as Amazon, Microsoft etc.  Not sure that stats on such a pool would be so useful.

Stockcharts recently added a list of 149 coins, which includes all of the majors. So I'm using this as my base as 149 coins is a manageable pool to work with. I've already created the percentage of crypto currencies above their 50 day MA. Which looks very useful for timing.

The major coins are: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin & Cardano. But Bitcoin & Ethereum the two biggest. So if you are just starting out in Crypto then those two are where to focus initially, before you start delving into the Altcoins.

isatrader

$1INCHUSD making the Stage 2 continuation breakout attempt

(2021-05-01, 07:55 PM)isatrader Wrote: $1INCHUSD above the shakeout bars again and building an initial base. Potential for a breakout attempt

$1INCHUSD making the Stage 2 continuation breakout attempt to new highs

isatrader

Crypto currency breadth chart

Out of interest I've calculated some breadth charts of bitcoin price versus breadth of a selection of cryptocurrencies listed on Wikipedia as the leading cryptos.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cryptocurrencies

I had to omit one or two owing to lack of or poor data.  I've used bitcoin as the 'index', I could not find an overall crypto index and bitcoin is obviously the leading crypto at present so seemed a reasonable choice.  Whether other cryptos correlate with each other, or especially bitcoin is an interesting question.  If there were no correlation you would expect the breadth chart to just be noise, which is clearly not the case.

The Weinstein Momentum and Cummulative New Highs - New Lows are interesting as they seem to confirm trends for bitcoin.  Not so sure about Advance / Decline and Advancing / Declining volume lines but that may be an issue of graph scaling.

I've plotted 1 year, 2 year and 5 year charts.  However, the older you get the fewer cryptos that I have data for and that data is likely to be less good.