Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 272

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion

(2016-04-20, 10:14 PM)GlobalCitizen Wrote: Is anybody looking at SYY? Seems like it broke out in a stage 2 with increased volume on the weekly chart.

Sysco Corporation? Does not look like that on Yahoo finance, looks like it has either made a top or more likely should perhaps be on a watch list for a continuation.

(2016-04-20, 10:14 PM)GlobalCitizen Wrote: Is anybody looking at SYY? Seems like it broke out in a stage 2 with increased volume on the weekly chart.

The Stage 2 breakout was a long time ago. It did make a further continuation breakout at the beginning of February on good volume, but volume has been below average since. So next potential entry for the method imo would be on a significant pullback.

Here's the weekly and monthly charts.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

I must say I'm not sure where to look nowadays for a good stock. Lot of stock that were A+ have been beaten down. I see some people on here are in silver right now.

(2016-04-21, 08:01 PM)GlobalCitizen Wrote: I must say I'm not sure where to look nowadays for a good stock. Lot of stock that were A+ have been beaten down. I see some people on here are in silver right now.

I find it useful to look at US and European sector ETFs. Pity I can't find many UK sector ETFs.

In gold and silver miners myself. Have a position or two in property funds (direct, not funds that hold REITs etc) and am stopping out on some short index ETFs. Note that there has been some wavering in the property funds and the MA is flattening so I am watching to see if a top is forming, but it all seems to happen in slow motion. Also have just opened a position in a global equity fund that reacted only slightly to the indexes dropping in the last six months being as the indicies are strengthening.

Gold looking more promising again after consolidating for the last few months. Potential for a Stage 2 continuation breakout attempt.

[Disclaimer: I already own Gold]

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2016-04-28, 04:12 PM)isatrader Wrote: Gold looking more promising again after consolidating for the last few months. Potential for a Stage 2 continuation breakout attempt.

I wonder how much the volume reflects the volume of physical gold? I've seen it stated that as ETF prices track the underlying asset so their volume is not relevant. However, surely it is just a less reliable indicator? If I buy say £1000 of ETF then that should ripple through to the underlying asset if there is more buying than selling in general.

(2016-04-28, 07:22 PM)pcabc Wrote:
(2016-04-28, 04:12 PM)isatrader Wrote: Gold looking more promising again after consolidating for the last few months. Potential for a Stage 2 continuation breakout attempt.

I wonder how much the volume reflects the volume of physical gold? I've seen it stated that as ETF prices track the underlying asset so their volume is not relevant. However, surely it is just a less reliable indicator? If I buy say £1000 of ETF then that should ripple through to the underlying asset if there is more buying than selling in general.

When it comes to gold, the GLD etf volume is very substantial, so I wouldn't ignore it personally.

isatrader

So DWA broke out yesterday and continued today on the news that it would bought out. Volume ofcourse is huge. From what I can tell, it had been forming a base for a quite a while. Stans book says that the bigger the base, the bigger the up move will be. However, since all this action is because of a buy-out, does that rule still apply?