Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 271

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion

(2016-04-19, 04:49 PM)UnschoolDag Wrote:
(2016-04-11, 03:19 PM)isatrader Wrote: Silver (SLV) is near the top of the developing Stage 1 range again, so watch for a potential Stage 2A breakout attempt.

Has this broken out, yet, in your opinion?

Yep, has moved into Stage 2A, and had a strong 5% move higher today. I went long physical Silver on the 13th April on the breakout above the handle - see my trading journal http://stageanalysis.net/forum/showthrea...81#pid9881

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Silver - Stage 2A breakout attempt

Now the US market has closed, here's the Silver Weekly, Daily and P&F charts shwoing the Stage 2A breakout attempt in progress across the timeframes.

Note: the P&F chart has made it's first double top breakout since 2011, and the initial P&F price objective is at $22.5 currently, but it won't be calculated until the next pullback to a column of Os. So it could get bigger if the price doesn't pullback before going higher again. But, major resistance is at $27 from the 2011 lows.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
(This post was last modified: 2016-04-19, 11:24 PM by pcabc.)

Several gold miners caught my eye today:

May put a small position into SGSVF as the stop loss position is a long way away. Volume is up two orders of magnitude approximately!

Although ETF volume may not affect is price this junior silver miners ETF has a massive increase in volume. There is a lot more interest of late in this ETF I would think - so that is interesting.

(2016-04-19, 11:23 PM)pcabc Wrote: Several gold miners caught my eye today:

Although ETF volume may not affect is price this junior silver miners ETF has a massive increase in volume. There is a lot more interest of late in this ETF I would think - so that is interesting.

Thanks, I have never seen volume like the volume on silj. I also noticed silj on the link Isatrader sent out comparing Sctr on stockcarts.

(This post was last modified: 2016-04-20, 05:28 PM by UnschoolDag.)

(2016-04-19, 05:42 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2016-04-19, 04:49 PM)UnschoolDag Wrote:
(2016-04-11, 03:19 PM)isatrader Wrote: Silver (SLV) is near the top of the developing Stage 1 range again, so watch for a potential Stage 2A breakout attempt.

Has this broken out, yet, in your opinion?

Yep, has moved into Stage 2A, and had a strong 5% move higher today. I went long physical Silver on the 13th April on the breakout above the handle - see my trading journal http://stageanalysis.net/forum/showthrea...81#pid9881

Thank you. I am a little confused as to why we call it a breakout when the stock/EFT has crossed the SMA 200 a while back. Per the Weinstein book, the breakout happens when the stock crosses the SMA 200 (he calls it 30 weeks) supported by lots of volume.

(2016-04-20, 05:23 PM)UnschoolDag Wrote: Thank you. I am a little confused as to why we call it a breakout when the stock/EFT has crossed the SMA 200 a while back. Per the Weinstein book, the breakout happens when the stock crosses the SMA 200 (he calls it 30 weeks) supported by lots of volume.

No, that's not correct. The breakout to Stage 2A happens when it clears the top of the Stage 1 range, which is determined by mulitple variables. But it is not when it crosses the 200 day MA on heavy volume, although that is a good thing, as the stock may still be in Stage 1 at that point if it still hasn't cleared it's recent swing highs.

There's a huge amount of examples on here of Stage 2A breakouts. So I'd recommend spending more time going through the threads and learning more about them, and the key requirements for finding the A+ candidates nad not just mediocure stocks, as you always need to consider the opportunity costs.

isatrader

(2016-04-20, 06:30 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2016-04-20, 05:23 PM)UnschoolDag Wrote: Thank you. I am a little confused as to why we call it a breakout when the stock/EFT has crossed the SMA 200 a while back. Per the Weinstein book, the breakout happens when the stock crosses the SMA 200 (he calls it 30 weeks) supported by lots of volume.

No, that's not correct. The breakout to Stage 2A happens when it clears the top of the Stage 1 range, which is determined by mulitple variables. But it is not when it crosses the 200 day MA on heavy volume, although that is a good thing, as the stock may still be in Stage 1 at that point.

There's a huge amount of examples on here of Stage 2A breakouts. So I'd recommend spending more time going through the threads and learning more about them, and the key requirements for finding the A+ candidates nad not just mediocure stocks, as you always need to consider the opportunity costs.

Ok, thank you, I will do that and keep learning.

Is anybody looking at SYY? Seems like it broke out in a stage 2 with increased volume on the weekly chart.