Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 269

$VA - Stage 1B

VA - I highlighted this one's developing Stage 1 base a week ago, and it's continued to gain ground and is now pushing against the top of the Stage 1 range, and so there's potential for a Stage 2A breakout attempt.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion

(2016-03-30, 06:01 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2016-03-30, 01:50 AM)Regular_Joe Wrote: Hi I am very new to stage analysis. Would like to hear your thoughts and opinions on some of the mining stocks in my holdings

NMKTF
OCANF
GOLD
KGILF

Like to know if I should continue building on the positions I already have in the above companies. Any insight or advice will be very much appreciated. Thanks

I don't like to comment on peoples holdings, as I feel you shouldn't let anyone influence your trading, as it's your money at the end of the day. However, from a purely Stage Analysis perspective Gold is making it's first pullback following it's move into Stage 2A earlier this year. So your holdings are reflecting that move.

Thank you. Was just asking for your opinion, no worries. I am keeping myself busy for now setting up the Stage 2A essential indicators. Very interesting so far, will pick up the book for a thorough read.

BPTH - Single digit midget that broke out into Stage 2A last week, following through with a second week of strength and increasing volume. Not one for the faint of heart, as has some serious volatility.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

it sure looks like we're going to see the long-awaited Macd sell signals on Dow and SPX today: http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui
which, with Dow confirmation theory, as in we haven't taken out the November highs, I feel we go sideways for a bit, and the next bear decline sets in
added more LLOY short today at 68.43

Gold - The initial pullback in Stage 2A continues, and has touched the 10 week MA this week. The pullback continues to be orderly, and on lower volume than the breakout, so watch for the secondary entry point to form, which could happen very soon, especially if the broad market starts to pullback.

The point and figure chart of GLD has made it's first reversal to a column of Os since the Stage 2A breakout at the long term downtrend line, and so the P&F price objective is now set at $163.00. A reversal back to Xs would be at $122 currently, and would give a very good R/R of almost 7x risk.

isatrader

$NEM - Stage 2 continuation attempt

NEM - Stage 2 continuation breakout attempt to new 2 year highs. P&F price object of $50.50

WB - Stage 2A breakout attempt from it's primary base that's been forming for the last year and a half. Volume has potential to meet the 2x the weekly average requirement.

As noted by Mark Minervini on stocktwits today: "Gold stocks are breaking out as a group -- $AU, $DRD, $RIC, $AG, $MUX to name a few".

From a quick scan there's multiple Stage 2 continuation breakouts in the sector today so worth further research at the weekend imo.

isatrader

(This post was last modified: 2016-04-09, 05:29 PM by pcabc.)

(2016-04-08, 11:59 PM)isatrader Wrote: As noted by Mark Minervini on stocktwits today: "Gold stocks are breaking out as a group -- $AU, $DRD, $RIC, $AG, $MUX to name a few".

From a quick scan there's multiple Stage 2 continuation breakouts in the sector today so worth further research at the weekend imo.

I hope I don't steal Isa's thunder, but I've posted some charts below. Full disclosure, I hold some gold and silver miner positions. Apologies for not positing this in Thursday or Friday evenings but I was out. I have posted both American, Canadian and London listed stocks here, it makes more sense than positing the London listed ones elsewhere. I hope no-one minds. SPGP.L is a gold miner ETF. Note that on some I tried to buy on the pullbacks of some of the miners using MACD to hopefully indicate where it was rising back up, however, the increases were so rapid I ended up buying (almost) on the continuation. Suspect that is not a bad thing at all.

Small amendment. Advisable to look closely at the risk viz the initial stop loss positions, for example VGZ as from a quick look the stop loss would be 50% down from the initial buy price. Others are better.