Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 249

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium)

Hey guys and gals,

I'm on overload trying to get the right screening method just so I can start looking at different stocks. Using Chartmill, it seemed that a larger percentage of stocks in the US Consumer Goods sector were advancing so I looked there first. After digging through some possible ideas, please let me know your thoughts on WHR. http://schrts.co/G4i58v

In my very rookie opinion, from an investor method perspective, it looks like a stock in Stage 1 trying to consolidate. Am I on the right track?

5 year chart shows WHR descending in a downtrend channel below a down-sloping 150 day moving average. Stage 4.

(2015-11-25, 09:39 PM)shaunattwood Wrote: 5 year chart shows WHR descending in a downtrend channel below a down-sloping 150 day moving average. Stage 4.

Oof...I have some more homework to do Smile

Thanks!

(2015-11-25, 09:39 PM)shaunattwood Wrote: 5 year chart shows WHR descending in a downtrend channel below a down-sloping 150 day moving average. Stage 4.

Shaun,

I obviously have some work to do. When I put in the info on stockcharts, WHR shows above the 150 MA and shows the MA as moving up. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

(This post was last modified: 2015-11-27, 11:07 PM by mongoose1969.)

Check this out. It's GILD. http://schrts.co/RdCaIg

Have I correctly identified a head and shoulder with a neckline just under 110?

And here is another one, thoughts on AMAT moving up towards the MA 50?

Am still watching the main US markets, as the Nasdaq 100 is loitering around the continuation attempt level still, with a cup and handle pattern forming on the daily chart. See attached

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

One for the breakout watchlist this week – ORMP is attempting to make a Stage 2A breakout, but hasn't been able to close above it yet. Relative volume is very strong however and it's not got any longer term resistance if it does get above it. Downside is that it's a pharma stock, so more risk to be aware of.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
(This post was last modified: 2015-12-02, 03:11 AM by mongoose1969.)

(2015-12-01, 11:48 PM)isatrader Wrote: One for the breakout watchlist this week – ORMP is attempting to make a Stage 2A breakout, but hasn't been able to close above it yet. Relative volume is very strong however and it's not got any longer term resistance if it does get above it. Downside is that it's a pharma stock, so more risk to be aware of.

Woo Hoo! That was a stock I just put on the watchlist today to keep track of. I'm starting to figure this out! But I'm confused. My chart on ProRealTime is showing a price almost $3 higher than the 30 MA and a resistance from over a year ago at $10.20. It appears on mine to have already broken above the 30 MA. Is the breakout you are referring to the $10.20 mark that the chart is calling "horizontal minor resistance"?

If so, my thought based on the investor method is placing a buy-stop-limit at $10.25 and $10.50 respectively. My sell stop would be all the way back at $7.75. Seems like a big drop but unless there is another pullback before breaking out of resistance, that's the last pullback to reference. Am I on the right track?