Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 248

(This post was last modified: 2015-11-10, 04:05 PM by shaunattwood.)

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion

Don't know how legit this is, but people are Tweeting that Stan recommended ZIOP:

ZIOP Recommendation from Stan Weinstein-Some consider him #1 technician in history of Wall Street...ZIOPHARM Oncology (ZIOP-OTC- 13.70) is in fine technical shape....

Recommendation from Stan Weinstein

Some consider him #1 technician in history of Wall Street

ZIOPHARM Oncology (ZIOP-OTC- 13.70) is in fine technical shape, and buying should be done on a close above 14.40. Set the trading sell stop at 10.69 and the investing stop at 9.79.

AAPL looks like a good short here due to downsloping 150 day ma and MACD crossover.

Do you mind helping out a beginner. I'm on this forum trying to learn and was attempting to figure out how to screen the stocks in the first place. I noticed this post about ZIOP and am confused. It seems that it's saying to buy shares when at $14.40 or above but then to set the sell stop order below that buy price. I'm confused. Doesn't that guarantee a loss?

Please don't laugh while responding... Smile

(2015-11-10, 04:02 PM)shaunattwood Wrote: Don't know how legit this is, but people are Tweeting that Stan recommended ZIOP:

ZIOP Recommendation from Stan Weinstein-Some consider him #1 technician in history of Wall Street...ZIOPHARM Oncology (ZIOP-OTC- 13.70) is in fine technical shape....

Recommendation from Stan Weinstein

Some consider him #1 technician in history of Wall Street

ZIOPHARM Oncology (ZIOP-OTC- 13.70) is in fine technical shape, and buying should be done on a close above 14.40. Set the trading sell stop at 10.69 and the investing stop at 9.79.

AAPL looks like a good short here due to downsloping 150 day ma and MACD crossover.

(2015-11-10, 04:02 PM)shaunattwood Wrote: Don't know how legit this is, but people are Tweeting that Stan recommended ZIOP:

Really? Though ZIOP looks like it is on a continuation I'm assuming it is a biotech, and the biotech sector does not look that hot right now.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q/ta?s=^NBI...26-12-9&c=

So if this is true it is quite interesting.

(2015-11-10, 09:50 PM)mongoose1969 Wrote: Do you mind helping out a beginner. I'm on this forum trying to learn and was attempting to figure out how to screen the stocks in the first place. I noticed this post about ZIOP and am confused. It seems that it's saying to buy shares when at $14.40 or above but then to set the sell stop order below that buy price. I'm confused. Doesn't that guarantee a loss?

Please don't laugh while responding... Smile

It simply means where to set the stop loss, and is explained in detail in his book.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2015-11-10, 11:27 PM)isatrader Wrote: It simply means where to set the stop loss, and is explained in detail in his book.

Thanks. I'm waiting on the book to be delivered. That will probably explain more than a few things as I read through this forum.

(2015-11-11, 03:54 AM)mongoose1969 Wrote:
(2015-11-10, 11:27 PM)isatrader Wrote: It simply means where to set the stop loss, and is explained in detail in his book.

Thanks. I'm waiting on the book to be delivered. That will probably explain more than a few things as I read through this forum.

Certainly will. To me the market direction is currently unclear. I'm not trying to discourage you, but I have some open long (shares & funds) and short (etf) positions and am making no real progress. Therefore reading the book and not doing anything else until there is some clear direction might be the best plan.

Stan recommends shorts that have had big run-ups:
TSLA 2-year top with neckline around $180
GILD - the next big biotech to fall?

Adding to shorts by doubling up on SPXU at 31.98.