Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 108

RE: US Stocks - Intraday Watchlist and Discussion

(2014-03-10, 05:11 PM)isatrader Wrote: HIMX is making a strong Stage 2 continuation breakout today with above average volume for the day already after only a few hours. Attached are the charts.

isatrader,

noticed you use a log scale chart on your weekly and a standard scale chart on you daily, any reason?

JM

(2014-03-11, 06:35 PM)acito616 Wrote: noticed you use a log scale chart on your weekly and a standard scale chart on you daily, any reason?

I use log scale on the weekly and monthly timescales as they span much larger time periods, which would end up causing massive distortion in the charts especially in charts that have moved down a lot. So I find the log scale best for those timescales, and plus it shows the percentages moves in the correct context.

I use the standard scale on the daily charts as it's what people are used to seeing and also so that I can draw regular trendlines if need be. Although I prefer to use the 50 day MA as a short term guide instead of a trendline. So I could probably use log scale on the daily too, but is just habit.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

A couple of micro cap mining stocks of interest today:

EGI - Entree Gold is in Stage 1B, strongest daily volume of entire base in first two hours of trade. It's still in the weekly resistance cloud, and so a break above the October high would be needed for the move into Stage 2A.

TAS - Tasman Metals is attempting to make an early Stage 2 continuation move on it's strongest volume for a long time.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

RE: Watchlist - Traders method

Single digit midgets with strong relative volume for the watchlist - ZHNE, CTIC, LLEX

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

Some potential continuation moves - TAS, PAY, FAF

isatrader

RE: Watchlist - Investor method

OXGN - heavy relative volume attempting to breakout in early Stage 2, but still under resistance from long term Stage 4 decline. So one to watch.

isatrader

Potential continuation moves - UNIS, CALL, AMRI, WSM, PPP, CPE

isatrader

SYN - I don't like to show pharma stocks normally, but the volume build on this over the last four months to breakout to new six year highs this week looks interesting.

isatrader