Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 106

RE: Watchlist - Traders method

(2014-03-05, 03:19 PM)gbarbs Wrote: Here's a few charts from the same sector. I have posted 2 different charts for KKPNY. I think this issue has come up on here before about adjusted and non-adjusted charts for special dividends, etc. Weinsteing I think said to use the adjusted figures in the Q&A.
I am not sure which one is adjusted though and which one is non-adjusted. Maybe isa you or someone can help?

Aside from that these are telecommunications stocks. A quick check of ETF's such as XTL, and IST look like stage 2. When looking within the group my brokerage puts together I come up with:

Stage 1 19
Stage 2 20
Stage 3 12
Stage 4 5

This is good enough for me. The 3 of interest to me are KKPNY, ETAK, and HTCO. HTCO looks like a safe entry and is at a 10 year high. But the volume on KKPNY is very high, the RS looks exceptional, and it is still early. The question I have on that one is the difference in the two charts???

Attached is the stockcharts version of KKPNY with ichimoku cloud to highlight the potential resistance zone. The RS on that one doesn't look great as has just broken above the zero line, which was quite steep until recently. But the volume surge was exceptional on the initial breakout. But looks too early to me due to the resistance it's got to work through still.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

RE: US Stocks - Intraday Watchlist and Discussion

IRBT is close to a further continuation following the breakout to new all time highs last month on massive relative volume, which was it's biggest since the IPO, and also completed a three year inverted head and shoulders pattern.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

RE: Watchlist - Investor method

Single digit midgets for the watchlist - GSI, RENN

isatrader

Single digit midgets for the watchlist - GURE, OPTT, AMCN, BORN, ARTX

isatrader

RE: Watchlist - Investor method

A few for the watchlist with strong relative volume today - OSUR, SIMG, SWC

isatrader

Potential continuation moves with strong relative volume today - AVAV, SBLK, IRBT, EJ, TPC, FENG, SB

isatrader

I just bought an initial position in ETAK. Made a mistake on my order entry though....entered a stop price of $1.41 limit $1.38 instead of the other way around. On a short term basis that $1.37 level was important to break so I used that to enter.

My actual buy price is a few cents higher because I purchased when I realized the order didn't execute. That level turned out to be important as it is already up 15% from 8% a few minutes ago!

QTWW which has been highlighted many times in the watchlists through it's strong Stage 2 advance over the last six months is making yet another strong volume continuation. It's got away from the continuation breakout level a bit, so the lower risk entry point would be somewhere back towards the 9.5 to 10 area imo.

isatrader