Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 72

RE: Watchlist - Traders method

Some UK stocks for the watchlist - IDH.L, EPO.L, HGR8.L, PMP.L, DTG.L

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

RE: Watchlist - Investor method

Some UK stocks for the watchlist - PTR.L, PMG.L

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

I can only find it on the AMEX exchange in the US. Which is normally very small cap stocks, so that might be why you are having a problem.

Although the volume profile looks nice, the 30 week MA is still slightly down trending and as you can see from the attached chart, there's a fair of near term resistance above (as shown by the weekly ichmoku cloud). So I'd still say it's in Stage 1 because of those reasons.
[/quote]

Isatrader, you are right. I did miss the near term resistance. About the 30 week MA, isn't it supposed to be Weighted MA as opposed to simple MA? I am looking at the ETAK chart in TD ameritrade charting and the WMA (30) has been going up since last three weeks.

Thanks.

(2013-11-28, 01:45 AM)anupam384 Wrote: Isatrader, you are right. I did miss the near term resistance. About the 30 week MA, isn't it supposed to be Weighted MA as opposed to simple MA? I am looking at the ETAK chart in TD ameritrade charting and the WMA (30) has been going up since last three weeks.

No, the 30 week simple MA should be used when defining a Stage 2A breakout, as if that hasn't flattened or turned up on the breakout, then the stock is still in Stage 1 until it does. However, the 30 week weighted MA is very useful for identifying Stage 1, as the initial turn up on the weighted MA normally coincides with the first confirmation that a stock is in fact forming a Stage 1 base, and not just a Stage 4 consolidation pattern.

isatrader

RE: Watchlist - Traders method

US stocks making new highs with strong relative volume for the watchlist - ATRM, PRMW, AVAV, FWLT, PZE, FARO

isatrader

Looking at FRO - looks like a possible stage 2 breakout:

• Price crossed above 30 WMA
  • Nice volume increase on the crossover
  • Mansfield RS crossed to positive.

The only thing I'm not sure about is the sector (energy), which is not so strong.

(2013-11-30, 07:33 PM)DisinfectedDuck Wrote: Looking at FRO - looks like a possible stage 2 breakout:
  • Price crossed above 30 WMA
  • Nice volume increase on the crossover
  • Mansfield RS crossed to positive.
The only thing I'm not sure about is the sector (energy), which is not so strong.

Yep, it's in Stage 1B, so it has potential to make a Stage 2A breakout. But with regards to sector, it's in the industrial sector, not energy according the stockcharts list, as it's sub sector is Marine Transportation. So it's important to look at the sub sector which made another new high on Friday, and has been a steady performer, up 15.86% over the last six months.

isatrader

Thanks isatrader!

I was looking at Google Finance info, which is I guess is not too accurate sometimes.

Attached are 2 more stocks that seem to be at stage 1B, possibly breaking to 2A. Both are in the technology sector (LPSN is software, OVRL is hardware).

I'm thinking of placing buy orders on FRO & OVRL. Looks like good risk-to-profit ratio for me (given a reasonable stop-loss in case of a failed breakout).