Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 47

RE: Watchlist - Traders method

(2013-09-25, 12:13 AM)goodtyneguy Wrote: SOHU is looking good at this point for a continuation buy, it appears to have stabilised near to the BO level. The internet stocks are still in a strong stage 2 group.

Just like the Russell 2k and the NASDAQ: perched on top their recent highs. The question is do we stay above or drop back down?

We last talked about Sugar on the 9th September here: http://stageanalysis.net/forum/showthrea...63#pid1563 and since then it's continued to improve and has completed the head and shoulders pattern that we highlighted. Yesterday it broke out and closed above the Stage 1 range, as well as the relative performance versus the Continuous Commodity Index ($CCI) breaking above it's swing high and zero line. Volume was weak on the breakout though, but it did have some good volume come into it on the early September move higher.

Attached are the charts, and I've included the SGG daily and point and figure charts as that looks like the trading vehicle with most volume on the US market other than the futures contract. It hasn't quite cleared the top of the horizontal range, but that's due to tracking error that you get in ETFs and hence why I used the spot price chart for the Stage Analysis.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

RE: Watchlist - Investor method

MAKO has been mentioned a number of times over the last few months as it broke out into Stage 2A in early August. anupam384 highlighted it in the thread http://stageanalysis.net/forum/showthrea...45#pid1245 and it came up as a strong candidate in the end of month review as well http://stageanalysis.net/forum/showthrea...46#pid1446

So I hope anupam384 is still in it, as today it had a massive move higher on the open, and is now up around 100% since the Stage 2A breakout.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

One of Jere's finds which he highlighted to me - PGH is attempting to make a Stage 2 continuation move. Attached are the charts.

isatrader

(2013-09-25, 02:10 AM)Jere Wrote:
(2013-09-25, 12:13 AM)goodtyneguy Wrote: SOHU is looking good at this point for a continuation buy, it appears to have stabilised near to the BO level. The internet stocks are still in a strong stage 2 group.

Just like the Russell 2k and the NASDAQ: perched on top their recent highs. The question is do we stay above or drop back down?

When the trend is up and the WOTE is n't unfavourable just keep going long the strong stocks in strong groups - markets can remain irrational longer than one can stay solvent (or words to that affect anyway)Smile I got into SOHU today.

PACB came up on tonight's scan in the Daily Breakouts and Breakdowns in the US Market thread in the elite section of the forum.

It had a huge Stage 2 continuation move today on an exclusive development and marketing agreement with Roche (RHHBY) on heavy volume. So although massively extended from today's move, it's one to watch for a possible entry point in the near future as it's Stage 2 advance develops.

isatrader

RE: Watchlist - Investor method

I wanted to highlight CGIX, as it came up on my daily breakouts scan in the Elite section of the forum on the 17th September, and then consolidated around the top of the range before a strong move yesterday and further breakout at the open today sent it towards it's IPO day high. It's not reached it yet, but the volume has been increasing nicely over the last month, and the relative performance is strong. So I thought it was worth highlighting.

isatrader

FUL came up on today's early breakout scan and I thought it looks a possible interesting Stage 2 continuation move.

isatrader