Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 46

RE: Watchlist - Traders method

So I think the right question is, what charts will the majority of the big players be looking at. The adjusted or unadjusted?

(2013-09-24, 12:22 AM)goodtyneguy Wrote: So I think the right question is, what charts will the majority of the big players be looking at. The adjusted or unadjusted?

I'm assuming the institutional traders with their expensive Bloomberg terminals will get the adjusted charts (see attached), but a lot of normal people will see the unadjusted charts and hence might react to the breakdown, even though there hasn't really been one.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
(This post was last modified: 2013-09-24, 01:12 AM by goodtyneguy.)

So I either get out or wait a while to see if the small traders push it down through support on the adjusted charts, hmm.

EDIT: Just thought I'd mention that next earnings announcement dates can be viewed on the quote pages of Bloomberg's web site, just scroll to the bottom of key stats once you've found your stock. I use earnings whispers for US stocks but never found a free web site for this for LSE stocks other than having to scroll forward through a calender.

RE: Watchlist - Investor method

I've mentioned the Rare Earth stocks a number of times over the last few months as they continue to improve in Stage 1 and early Stage 2.

REE is up over 20% since it's Stage 2A breakout two weeks ago, and MCP has moved into Stage 1B after a strong last month. But today I wanted to highlight the third member of the group, which is AVL, as it's attempting to make a breakout above it's recent swing highs and is above it's 30 week MA. I'd only put it as in Stage 1 currently as it has the least developed base of the three stocks, but as they appear to be moving higher it could get some benefit from their moves, but it's very volatile and very small cap. But the group as a whole appears to be improving after a multi year Stage 4 decline.

Attached are the intraday weekly charts.

Disclosure: I've been long MCP since 07 Aug 2013

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Continuing from my previous post, QRM is another Rare Earth stock that I didn't know about as it is very small, which moved into Stage 2A yesterday on heavy volume. So this whole sector is looking promising currently. Attached is the daily and weekly charts.

isatrader

(This post was last modified: 2013-09-25, 12:06 AM by goodtyneguy.)

BKG.L A bit early but a good one for the watchlist, note the steep ascent into what appears to be a stage 3 topping pattern. Perhaps a right shoulder is on the cards.

SOHU is looking good at this point for a continuation buy, it appears to have stabilised near to the BO level. The internet stocks are still in a strong stage 2 group.

I highlighted ZNGA last week as moving into Stage 1B here: http://stageanalysis.net/forum/showthrea...55#pid1655

This week it's moved higher and today tested the top of the Stage 1 range and closed slightly below it. So ZNGA is still in Stage 1B, so be alert for a possible breakout and close above the swing high for it move into Stage 2A. Attached are the charts.

isatrader