Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 43

RE: Watchlist - Investor method

REE has been forming a Stage 1 base for the last five months or so, and yesterday broke out above the range into Stage 2A on five times the average daily volume. The technical attributes have been improving and it's now has a 7 out 9 score.

The main negative is that it's only a small base after a very long two year decline, and it has a fair amount of resistance above it. Attached are the charts.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

GSAT is another stock that had a big volume move yesterday that is currently still quite early in Stage 2. However, it had a very large weekly volume move last week to make it's continuation move higher.

Relative performance is strong and it's just clearing old resistance from it's early 2012 highs. Attached are the charts.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

MDGN came up on last nights scan in the Daily Breakouts and Breakdowns in the US Market thread in the elite section of the forum.

The breakout was on 10 times the average daily volume and relative performance is improving, but it is still below the zero line currently. And hence it's an early Stage 2A breakout with some near term resistance above around the 6 to 7 area, and needs to close the week strongly above the 4.82 breakout level to confirm the move into Stage 2A imo, as there's also the 200 day MA at 5.10 currently.

Although it's not an A+ setup, it does have some of the technical attributes that we look for (see the first post for more info: http://stageanalysis.net/forum/showthrea...d=57#pid57), so I thought it was worth highlighting on the watchlist, even though it's quite an early one.

isatrader

RE: Watchlist - Traders method

CSL came up on last nights scan in the Daily Breakouts and Breakdowns in the US Market thread in the elite section of the forum.

CSL is near it's highs and close to a potential Stage 2 continuation move if it can close above 70.12. The consolidation pattern since March has formed an inverse head and shoulders pattern, and relative performance is roughly inline with the zero line currently. Attached is the daily chart.

isatrader

ZNGA has been forming a Stage 1 base all year and is now currently in Stage 1B imo. Relative performance is trading around the zero line and from the P&F price by volume data there looks to be volume resistance until roughly the 3.5 area, with the Stage 2A breakout level to watch of a close above 3.65 imo. Attached are the charts.

isatrader

(This post was last modified: 2013-09-19, 04:46 PM by Jere.)

Check out EGLE! I'm in at 5.44! Wow this thing is up 23% today, and I caught all of it. So tempted to sell. Its a good problem to have, but it sucks. I hate have to battle myself. You are your own worst enemy!

(2013-09-19, 03:43 PM)Jere Wrote: Check out EGLE! I'm in at 5.44! Wow this thing is up 23% today, and I caught all of it. So tempted to sell. Its a good problem to have, but it sucks. I hate have to battle myself. You are your own worst enemy!

Same here! Caught this last week @ $5.27! Let's keep riding it up like Stan said!

I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. - Michael Jordan

RE: Watchlist - Traders method

Here's one that is on my watchlist - ANW. I got into it during the consolidation period and got stopped out. I had anticipated the continuation move, and put a tight stop on which was hit. Poor decision making and being jumpy. So, now there looks like an actual continuation. Provided it stays where its at it should show a buy signal on the P&F as a triple top (although very close to the downtrend line).

I don't know. I like this but not sure I'm going to buy right now. I don't know if its the downtrend line on the P&F or the market being up so much. I am invested enough right now, so think I'll wait for a pullback and really safe entry.