Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 41

RE: Watchlist - Investor method

(2013-08-13, 11:51 PM)isatrader Wrote: The technical attributes of AKS has gone a score of 1 out of 9, to a 4 out of 9 this week currently, with the 30 week weighted MA turning up, signalling that it's consolidation of the last four months is now forming a Stage 1 base. So one to watch for a breakout after a two year Stage 4 decline.

I highlighted AKS back in mid August http://stageanalysis.net/forum/showthrea...70#pid1270, as it's technical attributes had improved from a score of 1 out of 9 to a 4 out of 9.

Over the last month it's continued to base and is today attempting to breakout in early Stage 2A. It's only a very small base after a long term decline, and it has a fair amount of near term resistance, but the technical attributes have improved further and are now a 6 out of 9, and the sector seems to be improving also with the SLX etf making a head and shoulders breakout today, so thought it was worth highlighting in the watchlist.

Attached are the charts

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
(This post was last modified: 2013-09-11, 11:32 AM by goodtyneguy.)

RE: Watchlist - Traders method

Just to follow up on the conversation about sugar started in post 173 (the weekly chart can be viewed there and in 174). Look for sugar to break out into stage 2A.

(2013-08-03, 12:19 PM)isatrader Wrote: Facebook moved into Stage 2A last week, and changed the technical attributes score to a maximum 9 out of 9. Volume was very strong on the gap up last week, and has continued to be strong during this week, so this one has potential for a strong Stage 2 run as it fulfills all of the methods key requirements. Attached is the weekly and daily charts.

I highlighted that Facebook was in Stage 2A at the beginning of August and was seeing some good volume come in as well as strong technical attributes.

Today saw it close at a new all time high above the high reached on the IPO of 45, but not by much though, and only on average volume for the day. So although it's cleared resistance and is in a strong Stage 2 advance, it's still really hard to find an entry point currently, as the investor stop loss distance is over 50% away. So thought it was worth highlighting on the watch list.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Here's two stocks that have been showing a large volume increase since they moved into Stage 2 - ADEP and UQM.

isatrader

(This post was last modified: 2013-09-12, 06:33 PM by goodtyneguy.)

HOME.L broke out on a gap up today on about 2 times average 50 day volume. Need to see a pull back and then execute with a percentage, ATR multiple or other proprietary stop loss positioning method rather than under the last distant swing low. The nearest overhead supply is over 2 years away.

A few big volume movers. Potential Stage 2 continuation in VRNT and a Stage 2A breakout yesterday in VTUS

isatrader

IDIX was rejected a couple of days ago at resistance and dropped significantly (see the daily). But today my buy stop of 5.51 was hit. Volume is pretty good so I am going to stick with it. A good stop looks like maybe 4.74 but that is about 14% away so I am going to look for something closer to 4-6%.

One for the watchlist imo is RSH, which after an initial early move into Stage 2A at the beginning of the year, then fell back sharply below the breakout level in the summer. However, it's now recovering once more and is close to a new Stage 2A breakout above the May swing high, so I'd put it as in Stage 1B currently in this weeks second strongest sub-sector (Electronics Stores) in the US. See the main thread for the full sectors list: http://stageanalysis.net/forum/showthrea...31#pid1631

Attached is the weekly chart and a 4.6% box size by 3 reversal P&F chart (I use the 20 day ATR figure to determine the percentage box size to use).

isatrader