Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 31

RE: Watchlist - Traders method

A few of yesterdays breakouts and breakdowns in the US.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
(This post was last modified: 2013-08-22, 07:22 PM by gbarbs.)

In line with the weak homebuilder group, I see that REIT's are looking particularly weak. In my broker (TD / thinkorswim platform) list of stocks the homebuilders are found under consumer discretionary whereas these REITs are under financial - but I think weakness in both would certainly be related. Although the XLF looks bullish my broker has its own charts for sectors. See the weak looking financial chart here vs XLF:

It looks ready to break down in contrast to XLF so I poked around the groups and saw that most of the REIT's are very vulnerable looking as well as the individual charts within them. This made some sense since we've discussed homebuilders looking weak.

I'll try to post some of these later as I don't have time to do it now, but I ran a filter on all REIT stocks with market cap at least 250M and volume at least 100k. I did this to filter out unreadable charts that I wouldn't trade anyway.

I am going to look for good entries to put on a short position as a small hedge to my longs. Here's my quick list that I found after one scan. These I would look to narrow down to the best looking chart and best risk/reward entry point.

PPS
NCT
RWT
RYN
SKT
SPG
STAG
TCO
CXW
WY
EXR
GEO

There were plenty of weak looking charts which gives me some confidence that shorting in the group is a good idea.

i forgot to mention the short interest ratio. did a quick check and RWT and RYN are no good they have ratios of 11.6 and 13.6.
Heres the rest:

NCT 1
PPS 3.6
SKT 4.8
SPG 3.7
STAG 2.9
TCO 1.1
WY 1.6
CXW 2.6
EXR 1.6
GEO 3

here's the rest of the short interest ratios:

NCT 1
PPS 3.6
SKT 4.8
SPG 3.7
STAG 2.9
TCO 1.1
WY 1.6
CXW 2.6
EXR 1.6
GEO 3

RE: Watchlist - Investor method

A few of the weeks breakouts in Stage 1B and 2A

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

A few continuation moves

isatrader

RE: Watchlist - Investor method

Potential Stage 2A breakout in progress in SBLK. Good volume as it's only Tuesday and weekly volume is already above average and the relative performance versus the S&P 500 has broken above the zero line as well.

isatrader

A potential Stage 4A breakdown in DDS is in progress. Relative performance versus the S&P 500 is weakening and below the zero line, and the volume picked up over the last few weeks. The 30 week MA is turning lower and there's a potential completion of a one year head and shoulders Stage 3 top.

isatrader

LTXC is in Stage 4A and is breaking down to new 52 week lows. I've included the 5 year chart to give a bit more context on the prices in the past.

isatrader

I'm in this for a short. Looks nice.