Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 381

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion

For the watchlist from Thursdays scans - APLS, ARQL, ARU.V, RARX, RST

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
Question 

(2019-03-04, 06:22 PM)shaunattwood Wrote: after two months of uphill climbing, we had a bearish MACD crossover on DOW & NASDAQ, things could get ugly, I'm adding shorts again and closed all longs for now
short any $TSLA rallies

Duly noted Shaun.

The recent bull run was a bull trap and I agree that things will get ugly (and quickly) from about here. The S&P etc are showing a classic example of a bubble curve.

Interestingly, gold (XAU) is looking good for a few months I expect.

After a cursory scan this morning TRQ.TO  has made it onto my watchlist, maybe followed by AGI.TO & DGC.TO. Though I need to do some background research on all these companies before I can comment any further.

Everybody's thoughts on these things would be regretfully received.

(This post was last modified: 2019-03-08, 04:20 PM by shaunattwood.)

trickster247, your SPX chart is exactly what I had in mind, I'm staying short via long SPXU, gold and XAU bullish, but caution required with TRQ which is below a downsloping 150 day MA, here's my email if you want to run anything else by me attwood.shaun@hotmail.co.uk
I recommend all investors to run through the new year lows listed here http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/reports/default.asp for ideal short sales, dropping out of big tops, that have had considerable run ups prior to the tops eg) BABY

(2019-03-08, 04:17 PM)shaunattwood Wrote: trickster247, your SPX chart is exactly what I had in mind, I'm staying short via long SPXU, gold and XAU bullish, but caution required with TRQ which is below a downsloping 150 day MA, here's my email if you want to run anything else by me attwood.shaun@hotmail.co.uk
I recommend all investors to run through the new year lows listed here http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/reports/default.asp for ideal short sales, dropping out of big tops, that have had considerable run ups prior to the tops eg) BABY

Thanks Shaun,

I'm new to stage analysis and am trying to hone my judgement, so I'd appreciate your insights and will definitely run stuff past you in the future. Many Thanks.

(2019-03-08, 01:42 PM)trickster247 Wrote: Everybody's thoughts on these things would be regretfully received.

I'm not sure i concur, I don't think it was a bull trap at all. I think this is merely a retracement, then it will continue up into the rest of the year, the buy signal will be when we break the last high at 2820..only a break of the low at 2350 will change my mind

For the watchlist from Fridays scans - ABX.TO, ACB, AEM.TO, AGB.V, ASR.TO, COST, EDR.TO, EMC.V, EQX.V, FLWR.V, FNKO, MTA.V, NINE.V, NVTA, OGC.TO, QSR.TO, UPLD

Note: a lot of gold miners reappeared in the scans today. Some of which are in the list above. So some volume flowing into the precious metals sector again. I'll be watching to see if the money flow continues next week, as follow through is key for potential long plays in an early Stage 1 market like we are in currently imo. But there are opportunities on both sides of the tape in Stage 1 so plenty of stocks for the shorts to get their teeth into too. See the Daily P&F Breakouts and Breakdowns in the US Market thread for all the daily breakdowns if that's where your focus is.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

For the watchlist from Mondays scans - ALTR, ATEN, BAH, CHRA, CLXT, CMI, DOCU, FLGT, IEX, MELI, RPD, SHOP.TO, SMAR, TMQ, TTD, ZBRA, ZS, ZYME

isatrader

A beginners picks for the week ahead...

JNCE - possible support at 8, 12 & 20?
ATOS 
MAG.TO, AGI.TO, & GOLD
GTEC.V

Some of these stocks I've just bought, some I'm watching - but I'd like to hear peoples thoughts on all these, especially with ATOS as I find this one curious...