Stage Analysis Video Training Course

US Stocks Breakouts & Breakdowns - SP500, NYSE, & Nasdaq Stock Charts - Page 351

RE: US Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion

(2018-07-08, 10:56 PM)pcabc Wrote:
(2018-07-08, 10:06 PM)badcharts Wrote: Just want to thank you again for maintaining this great site! I keep using as a well of inspiration. Pcabc intermittent note's are also a good read, very refreshing and honest. Makes me reflect on my own progress a trader and human.

Not sure what to say in reply to that except thank you.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Yes, It is all good! We have a tendency to hide and not look in the mirror. I now believe that hinders progress. The more ways we find to self-evaluate honestly, the better we grow.

Work in progress from my end also!

Regards,

Patrick

(2018-07-09, 11:35 AM)badcharts Wrote:
(2018-07-08, 10:06 PM)badcharts Wrote: Just want to thank you again for maintaining this great site! I keep using as a well of inspiration. Pcabc intermittent note's are also a good read, very refreshing and honest. Makes me reflect on my own progress a trader and human.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Yes, It is all good! We have a tendency to hide and not look in the mirror. I now believe that hinders progress. The more ways we find to self-evaluate honestly, the better we grow.

Regards,

Patrick

I recommend starting a journal in the members section and posting each trade on the days that you get in and out of the trade. It has really helped me over the years, as it helps to stop you from making impulsive trades that break your rules, and keeps you accountable to yourself. And also gives you a way to look back and review your mistakes, so that you can learn from them.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

For the watchlist tonight - ACIU, APEN, DAC, KEM, LGO.TO

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

(2018-07-09, 01:32 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2018-07-09, 11:35 AM)badcharts Wrote:

Pete

Hi Pete,

Regards,

Patrick

I recommend starting a journal in the members section and posting each trade on the days that you get in and out of the trade. It has really helped me over the years, as it helps to stop you from making impulsive trades that break your rules, and keeps you accountable to yourself. And also gives you a way to look back and review your mistakes, so that you can learn from them.

Hi Isa,

Very good idea! Can never have enough mirrors!

I might do the data dump on my website though... maybe share the links here (or copy paste the content here). I don't always trade ala stage analysis, using my monthly candle chart trading framework for Forex.

But the members feedback of stageanalysis.net is the true added benefit or having the information visible here.

Let me think about how I want to set that up. 

Regards,

Patrick

(2018-07-09, 11:35 AM)badcharts Wrote: Hi Pete,

Regards,

Patrick

The ability to compare notes is invaluable.  It lets me know that stage analysis can work, but it is not a magic bullet.  This is quite heartening, as it has been tempting to give up.  It is also useful to compare ones own view of breadth with others, witness the excellent work of others, especially Isatrader.

For myself, I have been impulsive, but I am getting more patient.  I'm also trying to better judge when breadth supports, or better, does not support opening a position.

UTI is breaking out now. However, the RS zero line is descending slightly.and it has longer term resistance.

Lots of stocks appearing in the scans in the last three days, but the quality isn't there at the moment, so not much for the watchlist other than ELVT, which broke out of its IPO base last week on average volume and has continued on this week on higher volume. But obviously a long way from an entry point, so one for the watchlist.

isatrader

For the watchlist tonight - CARS, CRK, MYGN, EYE, ROKU, SAIL

isatrader